Vinyl / CD shops Sheffield

Niels

hello everyone,

does anyone know any vinyl or CD shops in Sheffield?

I found a few old topics (dating from 2008 ) on this subject. Could anyone confirm if these shops still exist?

Reflex Records (Union Street)

Record Collector (Broomhill)

Jacks (off Division Street)

Rare & Racy (Devonshire Green)

jacks is still going but online only these days

not been to record collector in over a decade and a half but i went in rare and racy the other day and its the same as normal, apart from quite a lot of cds as well as vinyl back int he day it was vinyl only :P

still the same mad sounds playing behind the counter.

Record Collector is about it for indie record shops these days.

About 10 years ago there were about 20 - Forever Changes, Polar Bear, Hillsborough, Jacks, Roadhouse, Spin City, a few in the Forum, etc.

Rare and Racy only have a small collection and it's more jazz/experimental type stuff.

jacks is still going but online only these days

not been to record collector in over a decade and a half but i went in rare and racy the other day and its the same as normal, apart from quite a lot of cds as well as vinyl back int he day it was vinyl only :P

still the same mad sounds playing behind the counter.

tryd there matey not interested had a look but dont want that stuff at mo like someone just said indies in

• 3 weeks later...
can i recomend Oxfam on west st. and the charity shop next to CoOp (opposite Peace gardens) i have found interesting stuff in those places... also Oxfam @ nether edge if very good, but for a charity shop they really know too much about vinyl Prices... haha

yeah most charity shops use the price guides now, yet fail to take into consideration condition.

its taken all the fun out of charity shop shopping for me now :(

if i wanted to buy a full price second hand album id buy from a secondhand record shop..........or ebay