Vinyl / CD shops Sheffield

Niels

Not all charity shops price according to book prices, not even all the Oxfams. Broomhill, Woodseats, Ecclesall Road and Nether Edge do but others don't. I find Broomhill and Ecclesall Road the best areas but Oxfam on Glossop Road is the best shop. There are some shops in Crookes too, and Woodseats and Hillsborough have a few as well although I don't go out of my way to go there as I rarely find stuff there. There are 3 on Abbeydale Road but they're spaced out, maybe a mile or two apart. I'd say just keep digging and you'll pick up some good stuff cheap. I find the suburbs better than the city centre but I do find stuff in town. Pop round the shops once or twice a week and new stuff is always being put out. Good luck.

Not all charity shops price according to book prices, not even all the Oxfams. Broomhill, Woodseats, Ecclesall Road and Nether Edge do but others don't. I find Broomhill and Ecclesall Road the best areas but Oxfam on Glossop Road is the best shop. There are some shops in Crookes too, and Woodseats and Hillsborough have a few as well although I don't go out of my way to go there as I rarely find stuff there. There are 3 on Abbeydale Road but they're spaced out, maybe a mile or two apart. I'd say just keep digging and you'll pick up some good stuff cheap. I find the suburbs better than the city centre but I do find stuff in town. Pop round the shops once or twice a week and new stuff is always being put out. Good luck.

which ones one Abbeydale road are you talking about?

The Abbeydale Road ones aren't great. There's a Salavation Army one and a St Vincents one about 200 yards apart between the old cinema and Chippinghouse Road but neither of these are that great. However I have picked good stuff up there but usually there's nothing. St Vincents have more stuff but more rubbish. St Lukes in Crookes is like that. The other Abbeydale Road one is another St Lukes just before the big Tesco at Millhouses. They have some good stuff from time to time. All 3 are on the right hand side of Abbeydale Road as you go out of town i.e. on the Nether Edge/Carterknowle side. I'd say don't go out of your way to go to them but if you're passing through have a look. They're well situated between Woodseats and Oxfam at Nether Edge. There's also a Mind on London Road near the Cremorne but it's not great. The Mind in Broomhill shut recently due to the rent going up. In my last post I should have said Age UK in Broomhill is good but they price accordingly. The bloke has a Record Collector guide and it's mostly vinyl. Of course it all depends on your choice of music and whether you prefer vinyl to CDs. I usually buy 60s/70s vinyl but do buy later stuff, both vinyl and CD if it's ok. British Heart Foundations are good for CDs. If you go outside Sheffield then Chesterfield, Doncaster, Wakefield and Barnsley town centres have loads of shops too. Just wander round. Charity shops tend to cluster together. Rotherham is so-so. Good luck.

For all lovers of vinyl, "Vinyl Demand" will be opening on Saturday 12th March or earlier if possible. It will be situated at the bottom of Rockingham Street opposite where the old fire station used to be.

There will also be an opening 25% discount on all used items (which is 95% of stock) to get it off to a good start hopefully.

All vinyl lovers welcome and in the absence of other vinyl shops in the town centre I will try to stock items requested if I can get them.

cityspinner