Sheffield Council to decide the fate of your ANPR data

if I was trolling I'd post something inflammatory, then sit back and watch.

Some of the highlights so far (in this thread, not looking at the ATM one...):

No. Who died and put you in charge?

The old, if you've got nothing to hide, argument.

Invasion of privacy should be justified, not the other way around.

It involves more than ANPR now?

The one I like best is here:

The priority seems to be to rubbish anyones concerns about privacy

Where is the evidence to support this? Planner1 is answering some questions on the system (more importantly letting us know what they are for) but I haven't seen any facts. Have you, or is this all hot air blowing?

The priority instead seems to be to rubbish anyones concerns about privacy though.

No one is rubbishing concerns. I do not share them.

What is being done is perfectly legal, open and above board. It's being implemented with the aim of making improvements for the travelling public.

who`s betting that once the busiest routes are established through these cameras- the council decide to stick up some speed cameras where the most cash will be made

Your paranoia seems to have no end!

Do you seriously think that the Council don't know what the "busiest" routes are already?

I think it's great, the more people it can catch who don't pay car tax and insurance the better.!!! Someone I know was hit by an uninsured driver and lost big time. Bloody scrubbers!! If you cant afford a car with tax and insurance get the bl**dy bus!

Your paranoia seems to have no end!

Do you seriously think that the Council don't know what the "busiest" routes are already?

in which case ,why the need for these cameras ? by your own admission the council already know the busiest routes. it seems to me these cameras are spy cameras dressed up as data collectors.

in which case ,why the need for these cameras ? by your own admission the council already know the busiest routes. it seems to me these cameras are spy cameras dressed up as data collectors.

Try reading the thread, I've explained it enough times!