Mutual Housing Exchange Questions Megathread

not really sure on time scale but once you send forms in they will come and visit both properties to make sure both are in good order then you wait for an appointment to set a moving date and sign tenancy on the new property, thats from what i remember maybe a little different now though

am after an exchange got a nice 2 bed pm me if u wud like 2 look

We have an exchanges thread- please don't post in here as well as there, or we'll have to close this one.

Has anyone been refused a mutual exchange through sheffield homes?

I have applied for an exchange with someone who had arrears up until a month or wo ago and also had a notice to quit because of this.

We have sent the forms in and gave received a date for inspection of her house. So am I correct in thinking that because they are coming to look at her house, the exchange should be granted? Or can it still be refused because of her previous arrears?

Any help is Much appreciated

Hi

Just wondering if anybody has gone through a mutual exchange and how long did the process take after the paperwork had been handed in?

Please Help

Dean

I have got a letter through the foolowing week saying it would take around 28 days to complete, as they need to inspect the houses etc. Depends on who your landlord is too. If your house is council and another is housing association, then you have to wait for both landlords to do their bits.

I have got a letter through the foolowing week saying it would take around 28 days to complete, as they need to inspect the houses etc. Depends on who your landlord is too. If your house is council and another is housing association, then you have to wait for both landlords to do their bits.

What rules are there to do a mutal exchange?

do you have to have lived in a property for a year?

thanks

Different Landlords have different rules. I think mine is a year and I'm with sanctuary. but I think sheffield homes is 6 months - don't quote me on that though.

what did they do with regards to inspecting?

did you move from sanctuary to another sanctuary property?

I am with Sheffield Homes exchangee is with Sanctuary.

Just wondering if anybody has gone through a mutual exchange and how long did the process take after the paperwork had been handed in?

But what precisely are you to exchange:

a. tenancies of houses/flats; or

b. freehold or long-leasehold ownerships?

But what precisely are you to exchange:

a. tenancies of houses/flats; or

b. freehold or long-leasehold ownerships?

hi

Its tenancy of house