Mark 'Mozaz' Wallis - 1/08/65 - 23/01/11

I just realised Tyranna was there...you could have asked her to flash her chicken fillets....I bet Mozaz would have laughed at that. :D

If you go on the Indymedia site you can listen to an MP3 recording of the service and the wake including Tia anna's speech and unique singing performance at the wake!

indeed, and to the rest of us anarchists that care.

probably the greatest thing mozaz ever did was help set up the squatted matilda centre for use of the local community.

and going on a post earlier in the thread, they ended up getting evicted and.........BOM BOM BOOOOOOOM..........its still empty again??

One of the best things - certainly, Mel, but there were many more positives and creative things that he started or contributed to.

Edited by dropout
Edited by OP

One of the best things - certainly, Mel, but there were many more positives and creative things that he started or contributed to.

Though I was at the Mozaz service AND the send-off wake,

I STILL didn't get to meet you and figure out who you are/were...and I had meant to.

(I was sitting up at the top...on the right hand side of the club...with those two women/girls, by the window...anyway.)

but from all your postings I figured I MUSTve known you - all those years ago...from the Limit Club, Marples, Broadfield,etc.

Good service for Mozaz though....a bit conventional I thought....but the AnarCHy in the UK at the end was "right-on" enough.

Best anyway.

i was in the middle at at front, stood up mostly, stood where plaintalker was and at times stood to the right "on the dancefloor" with some old mates, one in a suit

Good service for Mozaz though....a bit conventional I thought....but the AnarCHy in the UK at the end was "right-on" enough.

Best anyway.

Conventional? With boob flashing and a drag queen? I'm not sure how we could have done it any differently without getting into the realms of silliness or disrespect. Most people were of the opinion that it as just perfect for Mozaz and many people told us it was the best funeral they had ever been to.

If you go on the Indymedia site you can listen to an MP3 recording of the service and the wake including Tia anna's speech and unique singing performance at the wake!

Listening now....what a wonderful tribute....I am crying at the speeches...both incredibly funny and sad.

You did him proud...there was none of this paying false respect that you get at funerals....you all talk him about him like it was. I wish I had spoken to him down at the Quays that day I met him.

He may have been an anarchist, activist and agitator but he did it because things needed change....they still do....and now he isn't here to do his bit....and that is sad for those who don't have a voice.

I am further saddened to realise how he was marginalised because of his mental health conditions....this happens far too often. I could go on a full blown rant about it right now......but I will keep that for another thread maybe.

I have just got to THE part....I am in complete tears....and I didn't even know him. :)

i was in the middle at at front, stood up mostly, stood where plaintalker was and at times stood to the right "on the dancefloor" with some old mates, one in a suit

OK, Mel, so I must have seen you......because I noticed the geezer with the short mohican cut, wearing a suit!! bit dazzling that.

However...I, like everyone else, was there to send-off our friend Mozaz - with tribute...and I DID feel a bit dazed and confused about it all....but, good that you came down...and I probably DID know you fairly well, in Sheff, all those years ago.

RIP Mozaz.

Conventional? With boob flashing and a drag queen? I'm not sure how we could have done it any differently without getting into the realms of silliness or disrespect. Most people were of the opinion that it as just perfect for Mozaz and many people told us it was the best funeral they had ever been to.

OK...Fairynormal....Accepted...Yes, Boob flashing, Real-life Drag Queen, MCs and WCs and all in between - gathered to pay respects to our dear friend, laying still and silent in a wicker basket. Lovely man that he was.

This is so hard to understand....always will be....but, hey,

THANKYOU...and the others' too...for getting it all together...in respect of and tribute to the BIG fella.

Good on yer. Thoughts are with ya. I was just being aNArhistic before...about the convention bit...because I always am...but it WAS a fitting tribute...and service.

Well done to all.

Thinking of you.

Ta Ra Mozaz good kid , good bloke, good Shefielder. Judd.

Nice to see Mozaz can still cause controversy even from the grave, there is some right old tooing and froeing on the Star letters page - (latest letter today) discussing him and defending him too. :)

Nice to see Mozaz can still cause controversy even from the grave, there is some right old tooing and froeing on the Star letters page - (latest letter today) discussing him and defending him too. :)

Yeah there's not many people who have such a profound effect on people - good or bad. One thing's for sure, he certainly made his mark on Sheffield and beyond!!

Long live The Cult of Mozaz!!!

"The Cult of Mozaz" - to be celebrated in March in a particularly strange and amusing way. ;)

lol yeah ive seen some online too, one of the good things about him he DIDNT toe the line and stirred up controversary and looks like he still does, lets face it, writing to the papers about somebody whos dead that really is a "nobody" is sad.