EMA to be scrapped

The ones claiming the EMA want to make something of themselves, and have had a few crumbs from the banker's high table thrown to them (the EMA). Now it has been taken away, and given to the European Union fat cats...

Without sounding condescending, if they wanted to make something of themselves they should have studied hard at school before college.

Some of these courses at college are below GCSE standard. The state has paid for them to take GCSEs (which were probably failed) and now the state pays again for more courses (below GCSE) and gives out EMA (although not for much longer).

It's a sad state of affairs when as a country we have to pay students to stay in education. They should be motivated off their own backs to work and be grateful for the opportunity of free education until 18.

I have no issue with some sort of payment scheme for students from low income families wanting to take A-Levels.

Without sounding condescending, if they wanted to make something of themselves they should have studied hard at school before college.

This doesn't make sense? How do you know they haven't worked hard at school before college?

1 because we are sceptical that you have any

2 because you have previously declared that you cheated to get the one you claim to have (see previous posts)

I can assure you I do have a degree.

I didn't cheat, there was a brick wall in front of me, and I got round the system, and why did I do this?

I will explain again....try to listen

Problem 1

I was employed in Private Industry - in private industry, the goal is to make maximum profits, and keep the costs down. I enrolled onto Teacher Training.

As part of the Teacher Training, I had to have a Mentor.

Unfortunatly, as Private Companies like to keep costs down, paying a Mentor would have involved paying someone elses wages, which isn't a good idea. Also, lets not forget if I did need a Mentor, the Managing Director (who started up the business) would question if I was capable of doing the job.

The MD wanted high pass rates, because the more pass rates = more funding. Its like sales, the more sales, the more money.

PROBLEM NUMBER 2

When it cake to observing my teaching, the Learning Institute I was doing the Cert Ed with would not travel more than 25 miles to observe my teaching, indeed one of the Tutors could not drive and so had to use Public Transport.

WIth the Private Company, we could have been teaching in Bristol, London, Bolton etc.....sadly, when Tutors were available to observe, our assignments were around the country - so the College/University themselves gave up on this.

This is there system, not mine

Solution

I could have been honest, but I would have been thrown off the course and not passed, and so the fake person was created and the Tutors were tricked.

I would without any doubt advise any student to get round the system rather than lose their apprenticeship.

Did I do the right thing?

Given the fact that I have earned an extra £20000 per annum over someone on the minimum wage then yes

Facts

1) My pass rates are way above average, the majority of my students will achieve on the first attempt and not need 20+ resits

2) I can get the best out of my students - indeed many who were written off in the past have achieved under my wing.

3) I can teach to meet the needs of any student

4) I can win the trust of my students and so I get to find things out.

However, as many people keep bringing up, I can't spell very well and I apparently cheated. I call it getting around a stupid system and overcoming the tickbox culture

Thats the problem with this country, we are obsessed with what we can't do. The sooner we concentrate on our strengths and what we can do, then the better for all

Thats the problem with this country, we are obsessed with what we can't do. The sooner we concentrate on our strengths and what we can do, then the better for all

Inspirational words from someone who thinks most students are a waste of space....

I didn't cheat, there was a brick wall in front of me, and I got round the system, and why did I do this?

I will explain again....try to listen

Problem 1

I was employed in Private Industry - in private industry, the goal is to make maximum profits, and keep the costs down. I enrolled onto Teacher Training.

As part of the Teacher Training, I had to have a Mentor.

Unfortunatly, as Private Companies like to keep costs down, paying a Mentor would have involved paying someone elses wages, which isn't a good idea. Also, lets not forget if I did need a Mentor, the Managing Director (who started up the business) would question if I was capable of doing the job.

The MD wanted high pass rates, because the more pass rates = more funding. Its like sales, the more sales, the more money.

PROBLEM NUMBER 2

When it cake to observing my teaching, the Learning Institute I was doing the Cert Ed with would not travel more than 25 miles to observe my teaching, indeed one of the Tutors could not drive and so had to use Public Transport.

WIth the Private Company, we could have been teaching in Bristol, London, Bolton etc.....sadly, when Tutors were available to observe, our assignments were around the country - so the College/University themselves gave up on this.

This is there system, not mine

Solution

I could have been honest, but I would have been thrown off the course and not passed, and so the fake person was created and the Tutors were tricked.

I would without any doubt advise any student to get round the system rather than lose their apprenticeship.

Did I do the right thing?

Given the fact that I have earned an extra £20000 per annum over someone on the minimum wage then yes

Facts

1) My pass rates are way above average, the majority of my students will achieve on the first attempt and not need 20+ resits

2) I can get the best out of my students - indeed many who were written off in the past have achieved under my wing.

3) I can teach to meet the needs of any student

4) I can win the trust of my students and so I get to find things out.

However, as many people keep bringing up, I can't spell very well and I apparently cheated. I call it getting around a stupid system and overcoming the tickbox culture

but why did you post asking which is a decent sheffield college if you work in one?

1 because we are sceptical that you have any

2 because you have previously declared that you cheated to get the one you claim to have (see previous posts)

Look at this and the remainder of this thread and you'll be more than sceptical.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=497351

A tutor at Sheffield college for enough years to be able to get the best out of students and yet in different employment for 5 days a week only 1.5 years ago. lol.

Some of these courses at college are below GCSE standard. The state has paid for them to take GCSEs (which were probably failed) and now the state pays again for more courses (below GCSE) and gives out EMA (although not for much longer).

It's a sad state of affairs when as a country we have to pay students to stay in education. They should be motivated off their own backs to work and be grateful for the opportunity of free education until 18.

I have no issue with some sort of payment scheme for students from low income families wanting to take A-Levels.

but that does sound condescending

Look at this and the remainder of this thread and you'll be more than sceptical.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=497351

A tutor at Sheffield college for enough years to be able to get the best out of students and yet in different employment for 5 days a week only 1.5 years ago. lol.

aww bless her/him - what if s/he really is a lecturer and none of us believe it.

but that's not the case is it.