To the idiots that drive on the mad mile/A57.

Hi

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the road markings its the drivers on the road that is the problem and probably almost all road accidents are caused by bad driving, maybe it is time to have a retest every five years or so, the standard of driving by allot of drivers these days is nothing short of atrocious

but the road between coisley hill and eckington roundabout is not two lanes hence single carriageway and being 60mph which is safe providing you keep to your lane, people flashing obviously think theyre is hazard, therefore if car in front is doing only 40mph you should still not be overtaking and is quite confusing as if your coming from parkway goes from 50 to 60 then 40 over to drakehouse!!! have a little patience swagstar im afraid id say. if the beasties are parked on there you might end up with a ticket.

Its a long road, Im not going to sit behind someone doing 40mph when the speed limit is 60mph and it is safe to overtake :huh:

May be you aren't paying attention fully as the Snake has been reduced to 50mph for quite a while! Which part of the A57 do you mean?

Edited by jamesogt

May be you aren't paying attention fully as the Snake has been reduced to 50mph for quite a while! Which part of the A57 do you mean?

Ha Ha Ha Ha I Dont believe it

The shovel you mention in your signature, the larger one, shall I hand it over?

Since the A57 runs from Lincoln to Liverpool, it's quite an assumption to make that discussion of the road must mean the few miles between Ashopton and Glossop

brilliant!....love it:hihi:

1. Either you are to stupid to realise and think the lines in the middle of the road mean you are not allowed to overtake.

2. You think that cars overtaking are endangering you, even though you are a few hundred meters away and tbh wether you are overtaking or not, going at 40, 50, 60 or whatever, if a car lost control on that road its not exactly safe for cars coming the opposite way anyway!

or 3. Do you think that flashing your headlights at me is going to somehow prevent me careering head-on into your vehicle if i've got it horribly wrong?

this stretch of road is notorious for accidents, why overtake for sake of someones life? its just not worth it, you wont get anywhere quicker if your dead.

Best road for miles for me, Speed restriction have ruined it in the last couple of years, but hammering past the water at at 100+...nowt better. Still possible to get that in some spots though.

Best road for miles for me, Speed restriction have ruined it in the last couple of years.

Yep, but which dicks ruined it for all of us by crashing - resulting in the 50mph limit?

Since the A57 runs from Lincoln to Liverpool, it's quite an assumption to make that discussion of the road must mean the few miles between Ashopton and Glossop

I think i asked which bit the OP meant?

Here is one story that comes up if you google A57, it would seem a reasonable assumption with the amount of deaths on those few miles. I think 'Locally known as the road of death' does it for me!

A South Yorkshire accident blackspot has claimed the life of yet another victim.

The A57, which runs between Sheffield and Manchester, has been dubbed locally the "road of death" because of the high number of fatalities on it.

Its latest victim is a biker who died after a horrific collision with a lorry.

The biker was so badly burned the police still cannot ascertain if it was a man or a woman, although they believe it was a man.

He or she was travelling to-wards Sheffield at Moscar, near Ladybower reservoir, when the motorcycle crashed into a tipper lorry coming the other way around a blind bend.

South Yorkshire Police are urgently seeking witnesses.

The crash happened on the Glossop side of the Norfolk Arms pub at about 2.45pm on Monday. The motorcycle travelled through a series of bends with a central double white line, which prohibits overtaking.

It is believed it had crossed over the white lines on a sweeping left-hand bend and collided head-on with the Volvo lorry.

Both vehicles caught fire and were badly damaged. The lorry driver, a man aged 64 from Hope Valley, was uninjured.

The crash caused the closure of the A57 from the junction with Riverlin Valley Road and from the A6013 junction at Bamford. It stayed closed until shortly after 6pm for investigations.

A force spokesman said: "Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or had seen either vehicle immediately prior to the crash occurring.

"Police would also like to speak with a woman motorist who was driving a small, possibly green, saloon car that was travelling towards Sheffield. It is believed that the woman stopped at the scene immediately after the collision, but left prior to police arrival."

Meanwhile police have renewed their appeal for witnesses to a crash in which a Rotherham police officer died.

Robert White, 46, a detective constable based in the force's CID department at police headquarters, leaves a partner and three grown-up children.

He died last Wednesday night after his BMW car hit a dry stone wall and gate post on Jaw Bone Hill, at Oughtibridge, Sheffield, and burst into flames. It is believed that moments earlier he overtook another vehicle.

He suffered serious burns and died later in hospital. An inquest was opened and adj-ourned on Monday at Sheffield.

Edited by jamesogt