Rising Unemployment to cost extra £1.4 Billion-Price worth paying?

If you'd put a red rosette on a dog they'd have voted for it.

The mentality that "my granddad voted labour, my dad voted labour, so I vote labour" comes to mind. Such a sad state of affairs and reason why some in Sheffield are stuck in the past and will never have a voice as Labour knows they can do anything to them and they still get their vote :roll:

So either all those business leaders in the CBI, all those city economists, all those economists at the EU, all those economists for the OECD have all got it wrong, or Titanic99 has. Tough call.

Even with such overwhelming opposition, Titanic will still refuse to budge. Its the same mentality that caused the UK to fall into the hole we are in. Tax and spend is not the answer as demonstrated so well by Gordon Browns cocking up of our economy.

Do you remember the 9 billion claim made by Titanic. The last from him/her was to email some mythological person to get the answer. Guess what, titanic never came back to that thread. Titanic is incapable of admitting when he/she is wrong, again another trait of Labour.

The mentality that "my granddad voted labour, my dad voted labour, so I vote labour" comes to mind. Such a sad state of affairs and reason why some in Sheffield are stuck in the past and will never have a voice as Labour knows they can do anything to them and they still get their vote :roll:

How does that work when we've had a Libdem council from 1999-2003 and 2007? onwards?

Even with such overwhelming opposition, Titanic will still refuse to budge. Its the same mentality that caused the UK to fall into the hole we are in. Tax and spend is not the answer as demonstrated so well by Gordon Browns cocking up of our economy.

Which hole is this?

Oh dear, you've really got them on today!!!

I'm still waiting on a repsonse to whether you want to take from the poor or rich, which is it?

The government seem to have it about right. The CBI, the EU, the OECD, the Bank of England and the city all seem to think their approach is the right way to clear up after 13 years of Labour destroying our economy.

Well if you do not know which hole, you have effectively demonstrated the reason why your argument is irrelevant and why your party is out of office.

I would suggest there's more than one hole that needs filling, I'm trying to establish which one you mean.

Glad you've managed to grasp that I never mentioned Part-Time work, any chance of an apology for the simpleton comment.

I work full time, 37.5 hours per week. If I had to drop 4 hours per week, I'd call that less than full time, so no I will not be apologising.

Part time or not, it's still the economics of a simpleton.

Consider this, if I had to drop 4 hours per week, that's worth about £40 per week to me. I'm paid monthly, so that's around £160 out of my monthly pay packet. My partner is on about the same, so that's £320 per month from our household income we're down, assuming she had to do the same. That would significantly reduce our disposable income, meaning we now have much less to spend on luxery goods, going out etc, and has effectively taken money out of the economy, not to mention the Treasury is receiving less tax from us now.

BUT, to create that extra job, it's not just me and my partner that has had to do this is it? It's about 8 of us having to cut back on our spending because we've had our hours cut, so is that one person in this extra job that has been created for them going to make up for the reduced spending in the economy of the eight people that are having to make sacrafices so that they can be given a job?