Rising Unemployment to cost extra £1.4 Billion-Price worth paying?

I'd suggest that only a "Simpleton" would interpret what I've said as Part-Time work.

If the average person works 40 hours now and there's one in ten unemployed, then 4 hours per person in employment should create enough jobs for everyone currently unemployed.

Hope that's not too difficult for you to work out.

Like I said, simpleton economics, it wouldn't work.

I'd suggest that only a "Simpleton" would interpret what I've said as Part-Time work.

If the average person works 40 hours now and there's one in ten unemployed, then 4 hours per person in employment should create enough jobs for everyone currently unemployed.

Hope that's not too difficult for you to work out.

Have you considered that lot's of jobs require training and experience, so will these jobs be exempt from your little folly?

You can cut the deficit three way:

Increase income

Reduce spending

Sell assetts

The first hits the well-off, whilst the second and third hits the poor,

Guess what, the Government choose the second option.

The first makes a small contribution and pushes talent elsewhere. Other EU nations have been decreasing their top rates of tax not increasing it as they want to encourage in-would investment not a mass exodus. But I see why you may favour this option, how do they say it, in the land of the blind ...?

The second hits everyone.

The third is useless as there is nothing to sell after the privatisation era and the miss management of Labour which saw the inland revenues offices sold to a company in a tax haven! Not to mention Gordon Browns amazing sale of our gold reserves at rock bottom prises!

Like I said, simpleton economics, it wouldn't work.

So either all those business leaders in the CBI, all those city economists, all those economists at the EU, all those economists for the OECD have all got it wrong, or Titanic99 has. Tough call.

Thanks for your contribution to thread, don't take it personally but I'd prefer not to carry on discussions with people of your intelligence.

:wave::wave:

Yes I'm sorry that you're unable to hold a discussion with intelligent people. Perhaps when school is back you can chat in the playground.

So either all those business leaders in the CBI, all those city economists, all those economists at the EU, all those economists for the OECD have all got it wrong, or Titanic99 has. Tough call.

How can you ever decide they've got it right, what indicator will you use to make this judgement?

Yes I'm sorry that you're unable to hold a discussion with intelligent people. Perhaps when school is back you can chat in the playground.

Oh dear, you've really got them on today!!!

I'm still waiting on a repsonse to whether you want to take from the poor or rich, which is it?