Anyone work at Pizza Express ??

I have a job interview there on the 14th January in a few weeks; it’s for a new restaurant opening on the Centertainment Park near meadowhell

It is for a waiter, so I am wondering if anyone on here works for them and could tell me what they are like to work for including management etc...

Also what tips can anyone give as I have never done waitering before, but have done lots of customer facing and retail stuff

No idea on the place but good luck with the interview. :thumbsup:

You'll need a steady hand and the ability to take **** from people, whilst refraining from telling them what you think of them. But you already knew that.

Buena suerte.

I have a job interview there on the 14th January in a few weeks; it’s for a new restaurant opening on the Centertainment Park near meadowhell

It is for a waiter, so I am wondering if anyone on here works for them and could tell me what they are like to work for including management etc...

Also what tips can anyone give as I have never done waitering before, but have done lots of customer facing and retail stuff

That is fab news Jason - great start to your year.

As for preparing for the interview I would focus on the customer service skills that you have - try and think now about times when you might have dealt with a challanging situation - and what you did as I am sure you will be asked questions like that (and if they don;t ask try and work it it to the conversation anyway).

So for example someone may have been shouting about your shop not having a certain product - so explain what you did to help resolve the situation.

They might also ask questions, I guess, about how you have worked under pressure (as presumably the place will get busy) so try and think about an example where you have had to juggle doing more than one thing and how you managed that.

Good luck.

Ps - it may also help if you were to know a little bit about their menu (I know I know it will be pizza!!) so that you can say respond knowledgeably to any questions there may be that are food related.

Have a look at the online menu - and then research any ingrediants if you don't recognise the names ..........and again if you get chance at the interview tell them that you have done that (it makes you look keen and eager to learn). So if for instance they say " we have an extensive menu of x numbers of pizza" you can say "yes , when I got this interview I looked them up, know you have got 24 and as I didn;t know what ? was I looked it up".

Ps - it may also help if you were to know a little bit about their menu (I know I know it will be pizza!!) so that you can say respond knowledgeably to any questions there may be that are food related.

Have a look at the online menu - and then research any ingrediants if you don't recognise the names ..........and again if you get chance at the interview tell them that you have done that (it makes you look keen and eager to learn). So if for instance they say " we have an extensive menu of x numbers of pizza" you can say "yes , when I got this interview I looked them up, know you have got 24 and as I didn;t know what ? was I looked it up".

Great advice. Good Luck Jason :thumbsup::thumbsup:

random but - do Pizza Express do Gluten Free pizza?.... anyone no? :) Thanks

Pear Cider:

Pizza Express are great - take in your own GF pizza base and they are totally cluded up about cross contamination, etc. I have been to lots of different branches and they are all trained on it. The one by Victoria sataion even made me both of my pizza's becase they said that the GF pizza bases were so small and i shouldn't miss out!

taken from a gluten free resturants in london face book page.

Jason: something else to mention at interview!

Research the company history too. That way when they ask why you want the job instaed of saying "cos the money is ok" or something like you can quote some of their history and tell them you like the idea of working for a secure company with an oppurtunity to progress with a growing business.

Good Luck Matey !!!

Good luck with the interview Jason :thumbsup:

Well said, all the best Jason.

Jason,

Some great advice above. I do need to mention that for a new business they will be looking for good sales people aswell as the Customer Service & product knowledge etc, notice how you go into a Burger King and you ask for a Whopper Meal, the first question they ask is "Is that a large?" Upselling is key. I'm sure their menu will have different size varieties in food & drink so this could be your own selling point.

Taybarns do a cracker with the drinks, they ask you to flip over the card on your table to "empty" and someone comes to take your drink order.

Local Marketing; "When are you open? All my friends want to be here on the open night!" Ok it's cheesey (excuse the pun) but shows you've spoken about the brand and are involving other people.

Development; Again research is probably the key here, but ensure you generate interest in a career with their business rather than a (Alan Sugar classic) Steadie Eddie whose just interested in getting my contract hours etc.

Ambition is always a good think providing your not over confident.

All the best with the interview, be sure to update the post on your progress and let us know if there's any good offers on!!!

:hihi: