Why are trolls mostly men. ?

Some of the 'male' trolls may actually be screen names for women writers and vice versa.

indeed i actually got a come on from some "new female" user wanting to meet me, it turned out pretty fast it was a well known and reasonably popular but controversial "male" poster that took offence to something i said and wanted to meet for a bout of fisticuffs :)

thats where idiots start to disolve the boundry between the forum and real life

indeed i actually got a come on from some "new female" user wanting to meet me, it turned out pretty fast it was a well known and reasonably popular but controversial "male" poster that took offence to something i said and wanted to meet for a bout of fisticuffs :)

thats where idiots start to disolve the boundry between the forum and real life

Hmmm where's Phil these day's? Could Phil really stand for Phillipa and not Phil Anthrop?

Hmmm where's Phil these day's? Could Phil really stand for Phillipa and not Phil Anthrop?

it wasnt him / her :suspect:

sure i saw him the other day actually, under yet another assumed name

Bickering with your siblings isn't really the same as arguing with random strangers on t'internet just for the hell of it ... is it?

*argues with a random stranger on t'internet just for the hell of it ... am I a man, then?* :help:

You didn't mention the internet or strangers, and they aren't my siblings, they in-laws (cringes)

We can all be 'trollish' with certain users, some people just ask for it. I've been accused of it myself on occasion, but I'm definitely not! :)

I have a feeling that on SF the term 'troll' gets used as a shorthand accusation to someone who is merely being annoying, or outspoken or holds opinions that we don't agree with. The true 'troll' deliberately posts inflammatory topics solely to provoke either a flame war or to enrage other users. That rarely happens on SF and when it does, the posts (and the (new) user) get removed pdq!

So I don't agree that on SF 'trolling' is a male preserve. Although arguing for the sake of it is more of a male type of behaviour generally, I suppose.

The most perceptive of the species contend that trolls only exist in the mind of the bigoted and dogmatic.

and right on cue :P

it uses too many big words to be phil tho

You didn't mention the internet or strangers, and they aren't my siblings, they in-laws (cringes)
I see what you did there ... :rolleyes::hihi: