Have you fallen or slipped in sheffield yet?

Several times. The council really should be paying more attention to the underpasses and the pavements, especially on the steep areas and the stepped areas. You'll see a lot of people walking on the road to avoid the icy pavements, this in itself is dangerous. But, what can you do?

I had a few drinks before going out one night last week, while walking up to the main road to get a taxi i fell in a snow drift that was about 4 foot high, I am only 5 foot! It took me ages to stand up again lol

That was like me yesterday!! the snow is deeper than i am tall in some places lol

Slipped once but decent footwear takes care of most of the slippy stuff. No need to walk on the road so I ain't putting myself at risk or being discourteous to other road users.

I haven't but Woodseats road is like an ice rink all the way down. I would say its a death trap, but bumps on the bum are rarely fatal x

Nope not once, I have my trusty Yaktraxs :D

What she says!

I daren't fall over because of how fragile my back is and how woefully inadequate my balance is since having all the muscles from my spine to my shoulder disconnected.

For everybody who has fallen and got up unaided- good on you.

For Mandem and everybody else sporting fractures, bruises and sprains as a result of the slippy surroundings, you have my sympathy.

Where there's a blame there's a claim :hihi:

Seriousley suprised no ambulance chasers have emerged yet (I think they are still looking for flood victims to sue on behalf of!!)

It was reported on calendar or look north that the councils have actually changed the bylaws on this subject in effect taking all blame away from people/companies who clear thier paths after last years claims of if you clear your path and someone falls or slips your liable, well according to this news item your no longer liable so its safe to clear the snow

Walked from woodhouse to handsworth yesterday morning to get on bus. To get to my scan. Managed to get there and without any falls but Literally 5 meters from the bus stop walked over a cleared driveway and fell on black ice. Right in front of a load of people waiting at the bus stop.

never mind just a bruised knee and cut wrist and hand. Could have been a lot worse i suppose

It was reported on calendar or look north that the councils have actually changed the bylaws on this subject in effect taking all blame away from people/companies who clear thier paths after last years claims of if you clear your path and someone falls or slips your liable, well according to this news item your no longer liable so its safe to clear the snow

There was talk of making an offence not to clear the footpath like it is in Germany. How they'd work that for elderly or sick people I don't know.

Also I don't think anyone has managed to sue someone over a cleared pavement.

On your own land it's a different case though as you have a responsibility to your visitors.

Twice and in the same evening, and without being drunk lol.

Did a smashing triple skidaddle and a sideways flop yesterday!

Pity Len Goodman wasn't watching!:D

Can i just add, my falls were outside my house , before i even tried to set off anywhere!! Im still stuck in because, where i was snowed in and still am, i'm iced in as well now!!!:o