Have you fallen or slipped in sheffield yet?

HAVE YOU FALLEN OR SLIPPED IN SHEFFIELD YET?

Ive slipped on the ice and fallen in the snow, all in the course of duty ... Other than an embarassed sneaky look around wondering if anyone has seen my spectacular fall im ok! lol :blush:

Lets have A SMILE :) and hear your about your humerous slips and falls!

Edited by petcare4u

I fell over on Shepcote Lane on Wednesday morning as I was walking home, mainly as I stepped off a curb I didn't know was there and fell about 2 foot when I was expecting to tread on solid ground! Luckily as Wednesday morning was like a scene from a post-apocolyptic movie there wasn't anyone around to see me.

I have, as I stated in another post, I broke my leg in three places, and ended up in hospital, operation on my leg to put pins screws plates etc. so I am not very happy.

I was feeling really smug at not having fallen over yet this morning, right before I fell over on Middlewood Road

Where there's a blame there's a claim :hihi:

Seriousley suprised no ambulance chasers have emerged yet (I think they are still looking for flood victims to sue on behalf of!!)

Not this year but did last year on King Street in city centre as did five others in same spot, feet went from under me and went straight backwards and cracked back of my head on footpath. Was like whiplash - SCC aren't interested nor have they learned anything. All I got was a half hearted apology in a standard letter saying they only grit main thoroughfares. What is KIng street then? It's worse this year and saw lady fall in exactly same way as I did last Friday:roll:

I have.. walking up the hill, slipped a little bit so grabbed my mums car to balance myself and ripped the wing mirror off :hihi:

I have, as I stated in another post, I broke my leg in three places, and ended up in hospital, operation on my leg to put pins screws plates etc. so I am not very happy.

ouch !! This post in kinda tonuge in cheek jokiness, but obviously, its not at all funny in your case..... i hope you feel better and get on the move soon x:)

AND of course anyone else hurt or injured, get well soon x

I fell twice yesterday......first time i slipped on the ice and somehow fell backwards into deep snow and even laid there a bit longer wondering if anyoner had seen me!! lol

The second fall , i was trying to open the car door and it was stuck , so i stepped back to give it a good yank, but fell backwards again, this time laid in even deeper snow.........someone came out of their house asking if i was making a snow angel!!!! at my age!!! lolol:hihi:

I broke my arm in January this year, slipping on the ice at the corner of Empire and Abbeydale.

This winter I drove self tapping machine screws into the soles of my boots. Not fallen over yet!

If I hear one more person without socks over their own boots tell me the priceless knowledge that "A pair of woollen socks over your boots will give you grip" I will put a woollen sock in their mouth.

I'm wearing my woolen socks on my feet to keep them warm. When I feel like destroying a pair of woolen socks on every journey I make on foot, I will send them the bill for my replacement socks.

I tripped at the weekend. Saved my wine though :thumbsup: phew!

I had a few drinks before going out one night last week, while walking up to the main road to get a taxi i fell in a snow drift that was about 4 foot high, I am only 5 foot! It took me ages to stand up again lol