Isn't it funny how people have only got their cars out of the snow today?

Dug mine out today as I've not needed it before, and won't until midweek but rather do it in the daylight rather than the dark

Just spent an hour digging my car out from the driveway, was pleased when it came straight off no problem.

Crookes

Spent 2 hours digging out car Wed

Put bins in space so I could get back on my space which worked well

When I did get back (Sat) after 1/2 hr jam in Crookes someone had moved bins and parked their car.

I was rather angry but girlfriend said I wasnt in the right???????

What do you think??;)

Hate to say it mate, but if it's along the roadside, you're not in the right. The Great British Public has a tremendous sense of entitlement, but if that stretch of road doesn't belong to you, you don't have the right to 'reserve' it.

I totally understand the frustration though - after all the effort you've gone to digging it out, someone else comes along and takes it. I'm sure a few choice swear words entered your head to describe the person who did it. That's why I'm considering working from home for as long as it takes for my road to get better, because even though I've dug my car out, I know if I remove the car there'll be another one sat there when I get home.

Myself and neighbours were shoveling the snow thurs, fri and yesterday to get the road clear! Have hurt my side and knee and now can hardly move :) All because of this stupid snow!.

Thanks for your very reasonable and sympathetic reply!!

:)

Hate to say it mate, but if it's along the roadside, you're not in the right. The Great British Public has a tremendous sense of entitlement, but if that stretch of road doesn't belong to you, you don't have the right to 'reserve' it.

I totally understand the frustration though - after all the effort you've gone to digging it out, someone else comes along and takes it. I'm sure a few choice swear words entered your head to describe the person who did it. That's why I'm considering working from home for as long as it takes for my road to get better, because even though I've dug my car out, I know if I remove the car there'll be another one sat there when I get home.

I have heard so many amazing storys this week about why people have not been able to get to work it sounds like many of them actually live near the summit of K2 rather than Sheffield!

I would like to say a massive thank you to the sheffield street force. Well im assuming its street force! who ever it is that has ploughed and shifted the snow off Skelton walk. My car along with three others has been at the bottom of the cul de sac and having not having a shovel/spade i havent been able to dig myself out yet. The road has had no cars go up or down it since tuesday so you can imagine how bad it was. I had syched myself up having lent a spade of my dad to dig myself out tomorrow but came back from a 3 mile walk to my parents to find it done !

So thank you to whoever it was who got the road clear.