Finding my ancestors

Hi,

please can someone advise me as to the best sites where it would be possable to trace as much as possable of my past familys who lived in sheffield.I have looked at the pay type sites, but there are so many, i dont know which one is the best for me, as a pensoner i dont want to wast my money on the wrong site. it is difficult for me to get into offices as i live in Holland and although i was born in Sheffield before the last war, i am not aware that any of my known family is still living.

Eros

Hi,

please can someone advise me as to the best sites where it would be possable to trace as much as possable of my past familys who lived in sheffield.I have looked at the pay type sites, but there are so many, i dont know which one is the best for me, as a pensoner i dont want to wast my money on the wrong site. it is difficult for me to get into offices as i live in Holland and although i was born in Sheffield before the last war, i am not aware that any of my known family is still living.

Eros

Try Ancestry uk.com but it costs money.

hi,endevour,

thanks for your reply, at the moment only know of around st phillips road area,scotland street, cross bugess street.

regards

Eros

Try Ancestry uk.com but it costs money.

Hi Lucifer,

thanks for a reply, i will take a look at it

regards

eros

Try Sheffield Indexers and Sheffield Records On Line sites.

They are both free and contain a lot of information.

You can pose questions on the Message Boards and other members will help you. Many of the members are very knowledgable and know where to find answers.

Hi harvey19,

Thank you for your reply,and for your information, I will do as you suggest thanks again

Regards

Eros

Hi harvey19,

Thank you for your reply,and for your information, I will do as you suggest thanks again

Regards

Eros

By the way I had relatives living on Watery Lane in the 1930s to 1950s and before that on Wentworth and Martin street.

As mentioned earlier this site is a good free site for Sheffield and it has parish records for churches around that area including St Philips & St Lukes Hollis croft

http://WWW.Sheffieldindexers.com

Try Sheffield Indexers for help tracing Sheffield ancesters and good luck

thank you will do Mejean

Eros