Moran's Restaurant

mattlollar

Loved it the first time that I went. We just went for Sunday lunch and weren't expecting much. The next time we went we found it very dull. Good cooking, but NO excitement. Just very blah. We just constantly compared it to the Milestone, which I would recommend but I haven't been since Ramsey's re-jig.

If I were you I would take her to Anthony's in Leeds.

http://www.anthonysrestaurant.co.uk/restaurant/

I like Morans, I have never had a bad meal there although it can lack a bit of atmosphere if you eat mid week. I would also suggest Marco at Milanos, Archer Road although I haven't eaten there for ages. Also Graysons on Hutcliffe Wood Road is good food and value with 3 courses for £20. If you really wanted to push the boat out you could try the Old Vicarage but you might need to take a remortgage on the house.

Milanos is the better of the two in my opinion.

We just went last sat and the food and service were of a very high level .

(especially the service , its usually good but on Sat they were really on their game).

I highly recommend the wild boar sausage with orechiette pasta starter...wow.

Atmosphere at Morans can be a little lacking , Sat PM is OK but I ate their with my wife on a Friday lunchtime a couple of weeks ago and , we were the only people in for the whole time...

Went a couple of years ago on a Birthday Party of twelve but one couple had to back out at the last minute due to a sick child. Food was good and service OK but the owner/manageress told us off for leaving her with two empty places! One of our party who is in HR for a large Brewer stayed behind to pay and addressed her on the matter. We had all put a fiver tip in which came out of the restaurant with her.

Not been back since but the neighbours went for their Anniversry and enjoyed it.

Been to Marco@Milano and although more expensive it was all absolutely superb in all departments.

Been to Marco@Milano and although more expensive it was all absolutely superb in all departments.

I found some of the waiters pretentious at Marco's and one made me out to look like a liar. However, the food was very good. The waiters and the odd chavie yuppie (how such a mix came about, I don't know) really put me off going back. Actually it was probably just the lager swinging, loud mouth g*t with the dolly bird girlfriend who has put me off. Shame.

• 1 month later...

Know this is a bit of an old thread now but just wanted to say that I've been to Morans and Marco@Milanos and loved them both! The atmosphere at Milanos seemed a bit more relaxed and informal but I did have the best lamb EVER at Morans! They are both on my list of restaurants to go back to!!