National carriers blaze

would any1 out there rememba the chemical blaze in the 1990s that was caused by national carriers around wincobank.

Remember it well, can also remember the blokes cleaning up the massive flakes of asbestos in 'space-suits' whilst we all strolled about oblivious to the danger...thinking what a novelty 'black snow' was. Thought it was early than 1990 though....sure I was younger than that:D

was it as recent as that? My dad worked for them at that time and was peed off cos his beloved pushbike went up in flames too.

He was transferred to their Derby branch after that.

Yeah my mistake it was earlier than that, can any1 rememba wot started the fire?

..Thought it was early than 1990 though....
Yes - 14 December 1984.

I think the fire had something to do with welding being carried out, but the old memory is a bit hazy....:(

Yeah my mistake it was earlier than that, can any1 rememba wot started the fire?

I remember it well the driver of the electric fork had a container on and as he entered the pickfords furniture storeage warehouse he went over the bump at the door of the warehouse causing the batteries to short out it set fire to the seat and the wooden container he was carrying I worked at the ncl workshops

who was your dad i worked there at the time of the fire i worked in the garagein the garage

I used to work with a guy who was the foreman in the garage his name was Barry.

I used to work with a guy who was the foreman in the garage his name was Barry.

At the time I was there it was terry on shift one and abdul on shift 2 and frank was the day forman that was at the time of the fire terry ran a triumph 2000 abdul had a cortina mk5 mick was the welder

At the time I was there it was terry on shift one and abdul on shift 2 and frank was the day forman that was at the time of the fire terry ran a triumph 2000 abdul had a cortina mk5 mick was the welder
I've just remembered his full name it was Barry Worthington it would be around 76-77.

I've just remembered his full name it was Barry Worthington it would be around 76-77.

He had left before I started but I remember him being talked about

would any1 out there rememba the chemical blaze in the 1990s that was caused by national carriers around wincobank.

The fire was on the 14 of december 1984 around 12 dinner time