Anyone remember old abbey taxis

i worked there in the 70's jack greaves and i lived together for two and a half years till 1975 had some good times .remember pete hancock and of course jacks sister marion .friends of mine called chris and babs frayne also worked there

Jack was my uncle and he passed away in 1989, just about every taxi driver in Sheffield went to the funeral at the city road cremorotium. Marion is my gran and she retired and moved to a small village in lincolnshire.

I don't know what happened to Pete Hancock, he was a good friend of my family as was Ernest, he used to pick up my gran every morning to take her to work, really nice man. Norman Hattersley was not a nice man!

I think Marion used to know my Uncle, Bill Kelsey, who lived at Longley.

The cars belonged to the drivers, My aunty drove for them using a Standard Vanguard aound 30 years ago!! :o:D

Happy new year everyone!! :clap::clap:

Biggsy :)

My Uncle used to drive a black cab for Abbey taxis, Charlie Bennett, he got killed in a crash at the bottom of Rutland Road when a driver went through a red light & killed him. That was maybe 40 years ago. I also played cricket for Abbey taxis in the 1970's . John Gibson , Jack Greaves are a couple of players who used to drive for Abbey taxis.

yes i remember going to watch jack play cricket

I had an abbey car was told it once belonged to John lennon a big white merc ?

I have been in that .Jack said it was george harrisons

sorry dont think her name was Anne when i knew him he was already married

My dad Brian Thompson worked for Abbey Taxis back in the 1980's. Anyone remember him?

Another old taxi firm was shefftax based on cross Bedford st run by steve, cant remember his surname,his dad ran law bros years ago.