Anyone remember old abbey taxis

I worked there a long time

Sorry to hear about ernest we spent many a day dressing his wedding car up and i worked with marion and gwen 

I worked at abbey for some years ..I worked with norman hattersley .Marian gwen Jack greaves, Ann fuller God bless her Lorraine George parker in the good old days then later on with George Whitman not forgetting mr gagg in the garage ! 

Ann fiddler I meant to say bless her x

i worked at Abbey Jack and i lived together till1975 I'm still in touch with marian and jacks neices .Anne fidler passed away she lived in Turkey it was about 2 years ago 

Hi. Does anyone remember 'big Lou' aka Lewis broadhurst? 

I believe he worked for Abbey cars in the mid 1970's. 

He spent some time on the rigs, if memory serves.

14 minutes ago, AudiRs4 said:

He spent some time on the rigs, if memory serves.

Yes, I believe he did. 

On 03/08/2020 at 22:13, Deborah a said:

I worked at abbey for some years ..I worked with norman hattersley .Marian gwen Jack greaves, Ann fuller God bless her Lorraine George parker in the good old days then later on with George Whitman not forgetting mr gagg in the garage ! 

Ann fiddler I meant to say bless her x

A few names I remember there

My mum worked for Shefftax for almost 30 years, she left in 2003. She was office manager for a lot of that time too, Jill Caterer/Middleton, sadly for anyone who knew her she passed away in August 2018

I remember Steve Wilson buying Shefftax from someone called Byron? (I think, i was only 7/8) in 1985, then they bought Abbey in 1992.  Steve's Dad was the owner of Law Brothers travel, George Wilson. He also owned the petrol station at the corner of Leppings Lane and Penistone Road. 

My mum absolutely loved working there, from what i remember it was unusual if a taxi driver didn't have a definite character and i remember a lot of them. I knew Midge with his dogs, Dave Fitzpatrick, Mick Doyle, etc. All really nice men. 

Ann Fidler bought a car from me way back in the late 90's, for her son i think. 

Edited by Dannybwoy