The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

Anyone got any idea what it's like at Crookes, or more specifically the road conditions?

I live at Hillsborough and went to work on tram today so will have no bother going home, but my parents are babysitting for us and will have to get back up Walkley Lane later.

Anyone got any idea what it's like at Crookes, or more specifically the road conditions?

I live at Hillsborough and went to work on tram today so will have no bother going home, but my parents are babysitting for us and will have to get back up Walkley Lane later.

Probably a cat in hell's chance unfortunately.

Walkley and Crookes have got worse over the past few hours and more snow expected.

You might be lucky and get a gritter at some point, but don't hold your breath...I've just driven Loxley to Ecclesfield, didn't see 1 gritter.....the roads were paasable on the way there, but getting pretty bad on the way back.

My mom works at Crookes, and she says it's pretty horrible up there now...:(

bit further out but does anyone know what its like in Chesterfield?

Weather wise that is.

I went through chesterfield a couple of hours ago on the train and it was bad, and was coming down quite heavy, bigger than in Sheffield! Might of settled now tho

our kid as phoned yesterday to report an empty grit bin they haven't been out so he just phoned again and they say it can take up to 5 days to refill a grit bin what bunch of @@@

well they turned up after all and he as been out and gritted the pavements and road ready for shoveling off tomorrow .