Coleridge Road School- any memories/ history of?

There does not appear to be any recent messages etc. concerning Coleridge Road School and if there is to be a reunion this year.Could anyone let me know if one is to take this year and if so where and when is it to take place.Other teacher who taught there between 1946-1950 were Mr Middlemas,woodwork/technical drawing teacher,Mr Wlide art teacher with his art room upstairs.Mr Thomas,headteacher also with his room upstairs overlooking the school yard.When I first attended there in 1946,boys left school at 14years but this later changed to 15years.I believe our year was the first to leave at 15years.To accommodate this extra intake of boys a single storey prefabricated building was erected in the school yard overlooking Coleridge Road,it was divided into two class rooms,Mr Fitzpatrick had one,Mr Webb the other.I have many memories of my time spent there.
Hi Mick35 , I went to the school reunion Coleridge rd school on 7th July 2012 but not as many were there as usual, perhaps the rain put them off.

Hope the will be a few more the next time in December, regards Alfred rd

hi my dad went to coleridge his name is geoffery cutts he would have left in the 50s anyone remember him ?

Hi Lindz, went to the reunion on Saturday but did not see you or your Dad, still got the photos of your Dad, hope he,s well , regards Peter, alfred rd.

[/bHi Lindz would like to meet up with your Dad or you to pass on the photos/ Pete

I remember the school when Miss Macarther was the girls school head and Mr Stribley was head of the boys school.

In the playground were the prefab buildings called "Horsa Huts" where the youth club was.

Hi I went to the youth club in the huts late 60s early 70s brings back dam good memories the room to the right was table tennis, in the centre was disco , tuck shop and pinball machine,through that think it was toilets on to snooker room.remember a big lad there think his name was charlie wragg. my mum used to work in school the old dinner ladies . ha good days just does not seem 40yrs back . I went to carbrook just missed coleridge sent us all to hatfield house .

my dad used to go to phillimore jnrs school in 1957, and then went to coleridge road school in 1961, his name is tony coleman, if anyone can remember him, he lived on fitzmaurice road. he is always telling me how he enjoyed it,especially the football team which he said only lost 1 game

Edited by gazza c

my dad used to go to phillimore jnrs school in 1957, and then went to coleridge road school in 1961, his name is tony coleman, if anyone can remember him, he lived on fitzmaurice road. he is always telling me how he enjoyed it,especially the football team which he said only lost 1 game

Hi I remember your dad he used to live in the next yard to my cousins the Twiggs I remember the football team at Coleridge rd, I'm a couple of years younger that Tony but try these names on him Jimmy Marsden Bert Twigg ,

My name is Judd Stevens he may not remember me but they were great times,

I lived in Jubilee rd next to Fitzmaurice Rd

Say Hello !!!!!!!!

I remember the school when Miss Macarther was the girls school head and Mr Stribley was head of the boys school.

In the playground were the prefab buildings called "Horsa Huts" where the youth club was.

Did Miss MacArthur marry Mr Stribley?

I'm wondering about that, as my mother and her sisters went to Coleridge Road School, and they talked about a Miss (Mrs?) Stribley being the headmistress there. My mother mentioned her driving a Baby-Austin If my memory serves me well.

Hi I remember your dad he used to live in the next yard to my cousins the Twiggs I remember the football team at Coleridge rd, I'm a couple of years younger that Tony but try these names on him Jimmy Marsden Bert Twigg ,

My name is Judd Stevens he may not remember me but they were great times,

I lived in Jubilee rd next to Fitzmaurice Rd

Say Hello !!!!!!!!

thank you for replying

just spoke to me dad and he remembers all those people you mentioned and can remember you as well.

my dad says hello

thanks again

Did Miss MacArthur marry Mr Stribley?

I'm wondering about that, as my mother and her sisters went to Coleridge Road School, and they talked about a Miss (Mrs?) Stribley being the headmistress there. My mother mentioned her driving a Baby-Austin If my memory serves me well.

Mr and Mrs Stribley were headmaster and headmistress at Coleridge Road School but I'm not sure her name was MacArthur before she was married.

Mr and Mrs Stribley were headmaster and headmistress at Coleridge Road School but I'm not sure her name was MacArthur before she was married.

hi robbiet

i had the great plesure of attending this great school 1950/54 mr gb thomas was the headmaster played foot ball for the school but had to travel to little wembley to play home games lads i recall gordon hancock,kenny bowers, mick broughton. barry reyonlds brain twigg, dougy hall what great times we had at this school regards aj

Mrs Cooke used to run the tuck shop and had home made tarts. yum yum.

Regarding school dinners the kitchen for the girls school was at bottom left hand corner as viewed from Tinsley park rd.

I'm pretty sure the boys school also had a kitchen.

The boys school boiler room opposite the youth club building had a small workshop for the school carpenter.

The small girls school hall had a stage at one end.

Edited by lebourg50410