Coleridge Road School- any memories/ history of?

I lived in Fitzmaurice Road until the late fifties and remember a Raymond Hall who lived there at the same time was Dougie his younger brother.

I was in the same year as Dougie but I remember Raymond, we used to catch the last bus 46 and he was a smashing bloke, sadly I heard he had died. I think Dougie still lives in the Darnall area.

Thank you Robbiet, but to be head prefect didn't you have to be in the final year? also Chis' best buddy was Russel (Cuffey) Bates (Greenland Road), and the next door (March St,) neighbor was Barry Glaves.

I was in the same year as Chris and Russell and left in 1960

Hi my Grandad would have left school in 1953 but his best friend and best man left in 1952 with the names you mentioned his name was Jack Malone... Married Mavis and he was a paramedic in the army. Would love to track him down for my Grandad Bill Farmer (William Farmer) married Janet Holden. Any news or information would be fantastic! Thank You in advance!

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 15:56 ----------

My husband attended Coleridge Boys School from 1946-1952, and played both Cricket and Rugby Touch for the school. He was in the Cup winning side for Rugby Touch in ?1948 ( teacher was Mr. Fitzpatrick) along with Alan Nuttall; Ray Parkinson; Terry Clark; Sid Bond; Dennis Hull and a couple more.He would love to hear of any of his classmates from that era.

Hi my Grandad would have left school in 1953 but his best friend and best man left in 1953 with the names you mentioned his name was Jack Malone... Married Mavis and he was a paramedic in the army. Would love to track him down for my Grandad Bill Farmer (William Farmer) married Janet Holden. Any news or information would be fantastic! Thank You in advance!

Edited by DaniLu
Year wrong

Suggest you try one of the Attercliffe forums.They might help

Hi my Grandad would have left school in 1953 but his best friend and best man left in 1952 with the names you mentioned his name was Jack Malone... Married Mavis and he was a paramedic in the army. Would love to track him down for my Grandad Bill Farmer (William Farmer) married Janet Holden. Any news or information would be fantastic! Thank You in advance!

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 15:56 ----------

Hi my Grandad would have left school in 1953 but his best friend and best man left in 1953 with the names you mentioned his name was Jack Malone... Married Mavis and he was a paramedic in the army. Would love to track him down for my Grandad Bill Farmer (William Farmer) married Janet Holden. Any news or information would be fantastic! Thank You in advance!

I read on Facebook that Billy Farmer was alive and well living in the Darnall area I think it was the site about Sheffield area 9 which includes Darna &Attercliff. If you can message me somehow I have a photo of Billy from the site, I used to live just up Greenland Rd from him.

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 21:19 ----------

Danilu, sorry I thought you were looking for Billy, I remember Jack Malone, he had a sister about my age. I think he lived somewhere around Philimore Rd in those days.

I read on Facebook that Billy Farmer was alive and well living in the Darnall area I think it was the site about Sheffield area 9 which includes Darna &Attercliff. If you can message me somehow I have a photo of Billy from the site, I used to live just up Greenland Rd from him.

Hello! He is alive and well but living in chesterfield!! A picture would be fantastic!! What's your name? I'll find you on Facebook perhaps? Thank you

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 21:25 ----------

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 21:19 ----------

Danilu, sorry I thought you were looking for Billy, I remember Jack Malone, he had a sister about my age. I think he lived somewhere around Philimore Rd in those days.

Hi no it's jack Malone I'm trying to find they last saw each other when my grandad went to Australia. Never saw each other again and he would love to say hello. I'd love the picture of my grandad bill though if you could send it to me. What's your name?

Hello! He is alive and well but living in chesterfield!! A picture would be fantastic!! What's your name? I'll find you on Facebook perhaps? Thank you

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 21:25 ----------

Hi no it's jack Malone I'm trying to find they last saw each other when my grandad went to Australia. Never saw each other again and he would love to say hello. I'd love the picture of my grandad bill though if you could send it to me. What's your name?

Brian Lingard

Hi i am trying to trace old school mates that went to colleridge road school between 1958 and 1962. I was in mr cheadles class and mr lees class and there was also mr naylor ,mr knowles,and mr barber who was the woodwork teacher and a right prat he was. Mr scribble was the headmaster and his wife ran the girls school next door .hope someone can help . My name by the way is alan johnson, and i have a brother brian johnson we lived on amberley street .

My Grandparent's came from Amberley Street or Road I can't remember which. Their surname was Wing

does anyone remember Len Badger at coleridge road school 1958-1962 he was a good alrounder at sport and went on to play football for Sheffield United and apparently he still as something to do with them today. Those were the days 58 -62 great days at school and great friends if you had an argument it was sorted out on the play ground and then you were friends again ,not like today with knives and things. We didnt get into drugs fare enough we used to get up to mischief its true but it was all harmless fun no one got hurt maybe cuts and bruises then it was a trip down to the first aid centre at english steel works on brightside lane. All good harmless fun oh Happy Days .

my old mate Mick Schoffield went there but he used to complain that the classes where not mixed,or has he put it the girls on the other side of the wall.

my old mate Mick Schoffield went there but he used to complain that the classes where not mixed,or has he put it the girls on the other side of the wall.

They may have been a wall between them but it didn't stop a bit of fraternizing