Lead nicked in Sheffield 6!!

Be aware of lead thieves!! Our terraced house on Stannington Road together with all our neighbours has had the lead flashing from the chimney torn off over the past few weeks. We have only all been aware of it when water started to come through the attic walls,

Some of the houses have had scaffolding around their houses for roof repairs at various times which would give access to all the roofs. Could have been more than lead stolen if attic windows were left open!! Pity they didn't fall and break their necks!!!!!

They would probably have sued you for allowing them access.

There's been a white lorry type waggon going round today in the Stannington road area.

Two older blokes and a young man, their wagon were full of anything metal

from peoples gardens. They had the cheek to walk straight past me and check down the side of our house,. Their eyes lit up when they saw what my neighbour had outside but he happened to be at the bottom of the garden at the time.

I could kick myself for not asking them what they were looking for and for not taking their registeration number.

I have posted about this before, they were round here a couple of weeks ago in s6. I am also noticing the amount of things being reoprted stolen on here......... most of them metal!! ....... doesnt take much of a brian to put 2 and 2 together! It seems these people dont ask, just take, so keep your eye out for them. I have info about the van i saw, which was also a white one, and im wondering if it s proabably the same one. If anyone needs to discuss this further, PM me.

evening

lead flashong nicked off hairdressings salon roof on high st in ecco / s35, over the weekend. owners on holiday, when it happened. they cut the security lights cabling as well, presumably so they couldnt be seen. lovely 'present' to come back to.

xgx

yes its been around wadsley bridge a guy with a combat jacket,with a high vis over it .it was a white van with a rear roll over door..they stole a brand new washing machine that was diliverd.the dilivery men was taking the old one out.the new one had gone..police came...nothing done....

hey up mate that van was in chap last friday .a driver and 2 other guys going down our back gardens.they had army jackets on and bright yellow vests on...soon scarped when a police car came...

took next doors washing posts with concreate on the ends.and my spade..only found out to day..

i live on stannington road and have seen this particular vehicle around. A friend of mine has also had various things stolen, apparently by the same suspects. I do hope they make a visit to my property because i am very sure my dogs and myself would love to meet and greet them.