Where to buy nice plus size (womens) clothes in Sheffield?

Long Tall Sally jackets are fab for those of us with long arms and torsos and they now do up to a size 22 in many garments- it would entail a trip to Leeds, but it's worth it for the right clothes.

Ooh are they back in Leeds? Where is the store?

What about hosiery? Evans are really poor for tights. Even their biggest size doesn't fit me despite being 5 or 6 sizes away from their biggest size, it's mostly cause of my height.

The only place that I can get tights that are a sensible size is imported from the US- there really is nobody over here that I've found who sells tights which fit both big AND tall, you can be tall, or you can be chunky, but you can't be both.

I generally get mine off ebay and buy hugely bigger than I think I need to take the length of my legs into account. Long Tall Sally used to make tights for those of a longer leg too- but I haven't checked in a while.

EDIT- just checked their website and they still do them :) Not cheap, but then tights which don't fit are a complete waste of money and at least these have the chance of being suitable.

Ooh are they back in Leeds? Where is the store?

You can tell how long it's been since I've bought any work wear- I didn't know that their Leeds store had closed, sorry.

Thanks Medusa, never mind.

Anniec it's definitely worth a look if you're in York or Manchester - the latter store being slightly bigger.

I def will just been on their website, everything I like is sold out! lol

Typical, from the websites it looks like debenhams is prob going to be my best bet I think.

I have seen some lovely things on the next website which I would have bought if I could buy them over the counter but I don't think their meadowhall store stocks plus size (even though it's massive store) I normally would buy on the net which what I'll prob end up doing!

Asda do a plus size and sure it has some smart stuff in the range.

Theres also another shop in m/hall upstairs. The name escapes me. Its smart clothing and they go plus size but its pricey.

What about hosiery? Evans are really poor for tights. Even their biggest size doesn't fit me despite being 5 or 6 sizes away from their biggest size, it's mostly cause of my height.

You wouldn't be the first to complain about Evans tights and sometimes sizing . Look on there news letter, they took the discussions tab off due to there complaints about nearly everything especially the clothes that they sell on line do not always make it into the shop. Let alone the size of the shop depends on what they stock.

At the back of tj hughes on the first floor theres a little shop called Roman they do some lovely clothes they are generous with sizing and they do long leg,im 5ft 8ins and have found there clothes fit really well worth a try if your in town

Monsoon, do some wonderful stuff however not business wear.

I think I might just need to bite the bullet and order the stuff I've seen from the next website.

Medusa, if you could give me the link to the tights you get from america I'd appreciate it x

Debenhams do up to a 22 and if they don't have the item you want in your size in stock they'll order it in for you.