I'm over 25, Fully Comp. Insurance on My Car, Can I Drive Others?

check your insurance documents, I can but only 3rd party cover.

check your policy document, but probably only 3rd party cover with owner's permission, and the car in question has to be insured under a specific policy

I always go fully comp and thus can drive other insured vehicles on a 3rd party basis, but I got my insurance renewed and noticed this year it missed it out on the policy. i rang them and got it amended, saying that I have always had the option and if its not on they can shove it.

Anyhow what I'm saying is don't take it for granted, with all this bank mess they are out to screw the last penny out of you and if that means cutting back on your entitlements they will do it without being upfront about it. :mad:

Check your documents, if you're still not sure phone the company and ask them. You could be risking 5+ penalty points and a large fine if you're not insured correctly.

check your policy document, but probably only 3rd party cover with owner's permission, and the car in question has to be insured under a specific policy

end of. car in question must be insured.

im third part and can drive any other car aslong as its insured to drive that is only down fall is if i crash someones car who as fully comp they wont get paid out as im only third party would imagine its same with most insures always has been with mine

however, when we wanted running to the airport by Mr Strix' dad in our larger car, it cost us buttons to add him to the policy for a month

You mean you can't have a third or more persons in your car without having to add them onto your insurance ? never heard of such a thing :huh: I often have 5 or 6 people in my mini van and it dosen't cost any more than just being the driver.

You mean you can't have a third or more persons in your car without having to add them onto your insurance ? never heard of such a thing :huh: I often have 5 or 6 people in my mini van and it dosen't cost any more than just being the driver.

You can have as many people as the car is legally built to carry. What Strix meant is that to insure her dad to drive her car cost only a small amount to add him to the insurance policy for a month.