Did anyone live on Ditchingham Street Pitsmoor 1960s.

neilf

My name is Tommy Robinson i used to live down the street from Richard he and Geoff Harrison took me to Burngreave school on my firt day I used to see Richard & John at the lane but havn't seen them for years

Hi,

I've just sent Richard a text remembering you to him, he texted back and said it's awesome that you remember!

Hi Whitehorses I remember Richard they lived in the same yard as Barry and Pam Adams. Think he used to knock around with a lad called Stephen Fiddes who live in the next yard up.Penny.

Just sent Richard a text reminding of some of these names on this thread !

My name is Tommy Robinson i used to live down the street from Richard he and Geoff Harrison took me to Burngreave school on my firt day I used to see Richard & John at the lane but havn't seen them for years

Hi,

I've heard back from Richard, he thought it was amazing that I should see your names on SF and was able to remind him of you.He remembers you very well, he is fine, as is his brother John. I don't know about Geoff Harrison, but sadly, his elder brother, David, died quite a few years ago now.He also remembers all the names mentioned on this thread.

I was in the same class as the South twins and I also worked with one of them at the E.S.C. I forget which one but he had a new motorbike which he gave me a lift on and he scared the c@@p out of me.I also was in the same class at Ellesmere with a girl called Grockock and a lad called Nuttall,a good artist.All lived on Ditchingham street in th late 40s -50s .

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, new to this thread,

my family lived at number 20 ditchingham street and Jeff Harrison's my uncle.

I'm David's son, i used to hear all the stories and mischief that Jeff and his mates would get upto whilst hanging around with his mates and the (clun street gang).

My dad lived there with his mum Mary, his dad Thomas, my auntie Christine, Uncle Jeff, and auntie Susan.

would love to hear some of your memories.

cheers Tom

Hi, new to this thread,

my family lived at number 20 ditchingham street and Jeff Harrison's my uncle.

I'm David's son, i used to hear all the stories and mischief that Jeff and his mates would get upto whilst hanging around with his mates and the (clun street gang).

My dad lived there with his mum Mary, his dad Thomas, my auntie Christine, Uncle Jeff, and auntie Susan.

would love to hear some of your memories.

cheers Tom

Hi Tom,

You won't know me but your Mum certainly does as we used to hang around together when you and my son were babies we even went to the hospital together before you two were born ! It's funny but I was looking at photos the other day, and have a few of you as a baby and a little boy and one when Joe is very small.

Obviously we knew your Dad as well, and my ex brother in law lived near your Dad and his family on Ditchingham street and has very happy memories of them all.

How is your Mum? she will know who I am as soon as you ask her if she remembers taking the prams to Firth park every week, and at christmas being weighed down with holly and mistletoe strapped to your prams !!

All the best, and love to your Mum xx

Hi Tom,

You won't know me but your Mum certainly does as we used to hang around together when you and my son were babies we even went to the hospital together before you two were born ! It's funny but I was looking at photos the other day, and have a few of you as a baby and a little boy and one when Joe is very small.

Obviously we knew your Dad as well, and my ex brother in law lived near your Dad and his family on Ditchingham street and has very happy memories of them all.

How is your Mum? she will know who I am as soon as you ask her if she remembers taking the prams to Firth park every week, and at christmas being weighed down with holly and mistletoe strapped to your prams !!

All the best, and love to your Mum xx

Hi whitehorses, think I know who you are, did you used to live on Birdwell road by any chance??? xx