Damon's Restaurant, Crystal Peaks

I think Damons is great. If you are going for the ribs.

I don't rate TGI Friday tho. I found their food greasy.

The only good point is the Birthday person gets a free meal. When it first opened many years ago you got a free starter, meal, pudding, soft drink & chocolate cake! Now only your main meal.

Various threads merged

I went about 4 weeks ago with all my family for a 65th birthday party and it was excellent. My cousins and brothers and sisters are all under 12 years and they loved it too. Service was excellent, only had to wait about 20 minutes for the food (on a busy saturday night!). Food was amazing, you get a lot for what you pay for. Defo going again for my 18th! Lovely! Totally reccomend!

The fact that you say it only took 20 minutes for the food to arrive on a busy Saturday night says a hell of a lot about how the food is prepared.

Will continue to avoid like the plague.

The food was well cooked and prepared. Tbh, its mainly ribs and chicken pieces, which dont take long to do. They were very prepared and organised and the waitors and waitresses were very lovely.

Damons is not a proper restaurant because they don't employ chefs. It is just heated in a microwave oven. It is just a step up from Mcdonalds or KFC.

I prefer to go to a proper restaurant like Chez Lahlou at Commonside because the food is freshly cooked & there are no kids running about. I like to avoid restaurants that have a childrens menu because they are not very discerning.

Edited by marshlad

Damons is not a proper restaurant because they don't employ chefs. It is just heated in a microwave oven. It is just a step up from Mcdonalds or KFC.

I prefer to go to a proper restaurant like Chez Lahlou at Commonside because the food is freshly cooked & there are no kids running about. I like to avoid restaurants that have a childrens menu because they are not very discerning.

So they microwave their steaks to the visitors tastes do they? I was one of the first to state their food is awful but I think that's a bit over the top...

damons ribs are the baddest

Haha, that pretty much sums up it's clientèle!

We have been to Damon's many time and have never had a bad experience there. Definitely recommend it. X