How much would you pay to live in Parkhill?

How much?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• I wouldn't, or less than £1
    • £1 - £9999
    • £10k - £25k
    • £25k- £50k
    • £50k - £75k
    • £75k - £100k
    • £100k - £200k
    • £200k - £500k
    • £500k - £999.999k
    • £1 million +

Not allowed to have a thread about the newly released price, so must discuss it in here. :(

Don't really make sense, though, as this thread is just asking what people would be prepared to pay...

Anyhow, £90k for a 1bed flat, I can't see many people in Sheffield with an income of 30k pa wishing to lumber themselves with a 25 year mortgage for a 1 bed flat there.

But I can possibly see people buying them to rent out as the rental market is very lucrative at the moment, especially city pads.

But I can possibly see people buying them to rent out as the rental market is very lucrative at the moment, especially city pads.

That's not fair on the people living in the social housing there though is it. Buy to let brings the entire neighbourhood down. The people renting off of private landlords have less/no security of tenure, and due to higher rents they have less money to spend in the local area, and the area as a whole suffers.

That's not fair on the people living in the social housing there though is it. Buy to let brings the entire neighbourhood down. The people renting off of private landlords have less/no security of tenure, and due to higher rents they have less money to spend in the local area, and the area as a whole suffers.

I'm pretty sure its not about 'fairness'. Its only Business.

90K seems a bit steep to me. I can't think why anyone who could realistically afford to, would want to. Sheffield has such a wealth of terrace housing with 2-3 beds and gardens for much the same price.

I watched a documentary on 'building the slums of the future' a while ago. A great deal of these shiny new flats in most cities are empty and Park Hill is looking like bottom of a list of hundreds.

That's what I initially thought, but they are providing a % (yet unknown) to social housing tenants. I've only heard this on another forum, but if its true it will put many people off buying.

Yep, for me thats a complete show stopper. Its just not worth the risk of getting a problem family dumped next door to you. Might as well buy elsewhere without that risk.

Park Hill has long been a huge wart on the landscape. Now the flats look like a huge wart given a worst-of-Ikea gloss by pretentious art students let loose with a box of Crayolas.

The bare concrete interior walls are particularly attractive :| .

Oh dear God, it makes Khrushchyovka look nice (are there sufficient numbers of lifts there too?), yet it's priced at higher than what you would expect a decent 1930s semi with a large garden would be!

Triangular bath, not much larger than the sink, eeeek!

Oh dear God, it makes Khrushchyovka look nice (are there sufficient numbers of lifts there too?), yet it's priced at higher than what you would expect a decent 1930s semi with a large garden would be!

Triangular bath, not much larger than the sink, eeeek!

Look on the bright side. Just think how much work Sheffield's plasterers and electricians will be in for once those who initially choose to go with the 'industrial' look get tired of making that particular statement ;) .

In relation to another thread about housing earlier in the week:

it probably is, chem starts a thread about this almost every friday afternoon.

he seems to have such a big chip on his shoulder about this i'm surprised his arm hasn't fallen off

You've got to laugh