How much would you pay to live in Parkhill?

How much?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• I wouldn't, or less than £1
    • £1 - £9999
    • £10k - £25k
    • £25k- £50k
    • £50k - £75k
    • £75k - £100k
    • £100k - £200k
    • £200k - £500k
    • £500k - £999.999k
    • £1 million +

One person's opinion isn't the whole worlds.

It's a listed building, it's not a case of Delisting it, it's listed full stop.

I used to visit someone who lived on Park Hill quite regular near to and up until the time they moved everyone out and the places are big and could be made biger and so much better.

only 57ish of the 300+ properties planned are going to be rented so all the 250+ properties that are private owned will have owners who want to take pride in where they live, not trash the place and treat it like a dump.

And the other 57?

Theres always a bad apple on every street, I see a few rotten ones getting in there, and how many private buyers will do it to rent out as an investment, so more people not so proud of it, more a quick fix, so lets say up to 114 rotten apples now!

I foresee another crack whole in a good few years, of course I stand to be corrected!.

And the other 57?

Theres always a bad apple on every street, I see a few rotten ones getting in there, and how many private buyers will do it to rent out as an investment, so more people not so proud of it, more a quick fix, so lets say up to 114 rotten apples now!

I foresee another crack whole in a good few years, of course I stand to be corrected!.

Just because people rent you make them out to be automatically bad.

This really isn't the case.

Why? What's so bad about it. Its not even finished yet!!

no i was just being a bit silly, i'm actually quite interested in how it all turns out. I spent quite alot of my early childhood in the area, and have been subject to rather unpleasant experience whilst being there..which essentially contributes to the quality of living, and therefore determines to a certain degree how much one would pay to live in the area.

However, I reckon the resoration can only be a good thing, and will actually be a step towards things progressing in a positive way.

• 10 months later...

Not allowed to have a thread about the newly released price, so must discuss it in here. :(

Don't really make sense, though, as this thread is just asking what people would be prepared to pay...

Anyhow, £90k for a 1bed flat, I can't see many people in Sheffield with an income of 30k pa wishing to lumber themselves with a 25 year mortgage for a 1 bed flat there.

You posted the same link discussing the same topic in both threads- that counts as cross posting. One thread is enough.

The new information deserves a thread of its own, and this thread needed bumping for the sake of the poll.

It's not like it was doing any harm.

Look at the star website, its the most popular topic. It's even linked to on the bbc. The news sites publish new news stories, rather than repost at the end of a 'megathread'.