How much would you pay to live in Parkhill?

How much?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• I wouldn't, or less than £1
    • £1 - £9999
    • £10k - £25k
    • £25k- £50k
    • £50k - £75k
    • £75k - £100k
    • £100k - £200k
    • £200k - £500k
    • £500k - £999.999k
    • £1 million +

they would have to pay me to live there

i wouldn't even live they if they paid me :roll:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/barnsley/row_over_price_of_new_park_hill_flats_1_3835236

Not sure why people keep saying that for £90k you could get a nice house in a nice area.

No you couldn't.

If I had a choice between a 3 bedroom house in the middle of Parson Cross or a 2 bed flat in a block with concierge security and views over the city I know what I'd choose...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/barnsley/row_over_price_of_new_park_hill_flats_1_3835236

Not sure why people keep saying that for £90k you could get a nice house in a nice area.

No you couldn't.

If I had a choice between a 3 bedroom house in the middle of Parson Cross or a 2 bed flat in a block with concierge security and views over the city I know what I'd choose...

£100k for a nice terrace at slate street/delf street at Heeley. decent area, parking, decent neighbours.

Or live in Rotherham.

Or Worksop.

Or live in Rotherham.

Or Worksop.

Why the bleeding hell would you want to do that?

I suppose you'd call it 'getting on the property ladder'.

No you couldn't.

It all depends on what you consider a 'nice area'. £90k would get you a terrace in Woodseats, Hillsborough and Walkley and I'd rather live in those 3 areas than on Park Hill. It's horses for courses though and that's just my preference.

You also need to consider the service charges that you need to pay in a flat as these will bump up your monthly outgoings. A mortgage and service charges on a £90k flat in Park Hill might be the monthly payment equivalent of a £95-£100k mortgage on a house in Hillsborough. Does anybody know what the monthly service charge on Park Hill is going to be?

When a 1 bed flat is priced at £90k, I cant see many wanting to live there. Surely a professional would be looking to buy in a place like Dore, a house with a garden y'know.

£90k is a hell of a lot of 2011 £. People would need an income of £30k. If I was in the top 20% of earners for Sheffield I would not aspire to parkhill. Even the people on benefits whom could live there for were turning it down! (Not that they would now we have a shortage of housing).

Are you mixing up young professionals and established ones?

A recent graduate in a profession may well have a salary of 30k, they certainly will do after 5 years of working. They won't have the money to buy anything in Dore. To be honest I'm not sure what you think you could buy in Dore with a garden for 90k.

Why the bleeding hell would you want to do that?

Some people work there!

Or if you look at the villages on the way to Worksop they're actually much more pleasant than living in the city and much cheaper than Crosspool or Dore.