Bullies in Lowedges Park

Nope, not frustrated at all. I do however, see no need for people to play the role of the white knight simply because I replied to a police officer.

I haven't said it's as bad as an epidemic, but if we look at the facts of this thread alone...

The OP has made it clear that this has been a regular occurence, only for the police to brush it off with "It very rarely happens".

Now anyone with any common sense realises that only one of those can be true.

Do you agree?

I'm sure most people understand that stats do not tell a full story. That would be like saying that rape rarely happens because it is very rarely reported. We all know that not to be the case.

No. In what world does something happening to 1 person make it a common occurrence?

The boy might have problems with the other kids that are bullying him, hence it happening over and over again. It's still happening to one person (unless you know differently of course) so its still rare.

I don't see the point in trying to play the "sod the cops" card like chavy 12 year old kids do.

I'm pretty suprised I always thought that end of town was pretty quiet and the houses aren't that bad?, you live and learn I guess!

Well, Bradway, Dore and Totley are VERY close by and are all perfectly nice estates.

i lived on lowedges crescent for about 14 years just up from park and there were bullies but no worse than anywhere else .i've heard there's problems wi smackheads on the estate now but me dad still lives there an he never gets any bother at all so i think calling it a dump's a bit unfair' an as for the bullies the best thing to do is to smack the leader of the group an then watch the rest brick it

I'm pretty suprised I always thought that end of town was pretty quiet and the houses aren't that bad?, you live and learn I guess!

Away from the park is better,so im told and Lupton (not Lipton) walk is also a No,No.

No. In what world does something happening to 1 person make it a common occurrence?

The boy might have problems with the other kids that are bullying him, hence it happening over and over again. It's still happening to one person (unless you know differently of course) so its still rare.

I don't see the point in trying to play the "sod the cops" card like chavy 12 year old kids do.

Yes I do know differently.

How on earth does it matter whether it happens to 1 person or 40. If it happens to 1 person over and over again, then that clearly means it isn't rare. It doesn't need to happen to a specific minimum number of people in order for it not to be rare.

I'm not sure what you are going on about in reference to "Sod the cops". I have clearly stated in this thread that the OP should report this matter anytime it happens, then they will start to build up their statistics. It would help if you actually read the thread.

You've been taking pictures of kids?

That kind of response really worries me :o, since when as it been an offence to take a picture in a public place, next you will be saying you can’t take a picture of your kids in the school play ………. Oops they have already stopped that haven’t they? :roll:

That kind of response really worries me :o, since when as it been an offence to take a picture in a public place, next you will be saying you can’t take a picture of your kids in the school play ………. Oops they have already stopped that haven’t they? :roll:

It was just a question. Which was answered.

Yes I do know differently.

How on earth does it matter whether it happens to 1 person or 40. If it happens to 1 person over and over again, then that clearly means it isn't rare. It doesn't need to happen to a specific minimum number of people in order for it not to be rare.

I'm not sure what you are going on about in reference to "Sod the cops". I have clearly stated in this thread that the OP should report this matter anytime it happens, then they will start to build up their statistics. It would help if you actually read the thread.

It's your comments of a "white knight" that I find amusing, as though you are big and hard because you attempted to insult someone from the police whereas it's just rather sad.

If a crime happens 20 times to 1 person its isolated because its erm, happened to 1 person.

If a crime happens once to 20 different people, it is widespread. Surely that isn't hard to comprehend?

When have I insulted someone from the police? I have stated that I believe it to be untrue that it rarely happens. Is that what you call an insult?

It is extremely hard to comprehend, because it is totally innacurate.

'isolation' does not equal 'rare'

'Widespread' does not equal 'often'.

It isn't exactly the most popular park in the world, so for this sort of thing to happen to anybody on more than a few occasions, means that it is definely not rare.

You have made it perfectly clear that you don't like the fact that something the police said was not believed in full. Do you think the police are faultless beings?

The OP hasn't reported the incident to the police so how can you allege they aren't bothered?:confused:

Try reading the thread you'll see it was reported in the past but no action taken.

As for stats stuff the stats there's a child that needs protection here and isn't getting it. To them it doesn't matter if some stats says it's rare or not.

Try reading the thread you'll see it was reported in the past but no action taken.

As for stats stuff the stats there's a child that needs protection here and isn't getting it. To them it doesn't matter if some stats says it's rare or not.

You put is so much more elegantly than I ever could.

Fully agreed.