Been told we'll have a long wait for a council house, don't think its fair

I Agree with a lot said, I know that the future is better and im not feeling sorry for myself and i refuse to apply for some disabled house in the fact that its kinda degrading for me as im still young and 21, refuse to walk with a stick or with an ankle support,even though its painful ( I realize this is foolish and immature but if i start applying for disability that and this it would probably kill me as before the accident i was massively into sports.) what can i say i have my dignity because all people do is stand and stare!! and i think ive done a lot of putting up with this small crummy flat,after all been here a while!! and yes i know i could finally get a council house if i wait it out, but who has forever?? and priority shouldnt even be considered, should be waiting list for all, so someone got them selfs up the duff? and so they should be a priority?? personally to me its b****cks. I said i wouldnt even bother with council houses, i didnt say i wanted one!! quite happy renting private to be honest just want somewhere bigger.

So what's this rant about then?? You didn't mention you're pride and dignity here...

We looked at the possibility of council houses but basically the way i see it is because where both sensible and wanting to get respectful jobs for the future as we are both only 19 and 22 we are being peanlized.

Firstly because ive not got my girl friend up the duff and got a kid we get penalized for that,because im born and bread in this country im penalized for that and because im not a smackhead or spend my weekend locked in a pub where not a priority. So to hell with it we will both give up on becoming something better, smoke our daily drugs, have 3 kids in the space of 2 years and get bloody iranian passports!! Sad but true, this is modern society!!

I've had the displeasure of being in a town in Yorkshire that are still all white people, and to be honest it wasn't a pleasant experience...

..years ago I had an office in Lundwood in Barnsley, the locals were mostly all lovely, but it was funny when they'd occasionally ask me to bless their children :hihi:

least some one can see my point thanks....my point is been on the list 7years with me and my partners points together .....but if she was on the waiting list on her own and packed her job in and she made a lie and said she was homeless bet they would offer us one then

That's very true....loads of people pretend to be homeless to get a council property and it works a treat :(

Off topic but having tried to read some of these posts I do wonder what the children do in school, they certainly don't learn English. The word to instead of too is a common error. I left school when I was 14 years old and my school was closed for months during the war so why do present day kids lack basic education particularly in English.

Off topic but having tried to read some of these posts I do wonder what the children do in school, they certainly don't learn English. The word to instead of too is a common error. I left school when I was 14 years old and my school was closed for months during the war so why do present day kids lack basic education particularly in English.

be fair you have had an entire life time to continue learning compared to current children :P

i no but jus reali annoys me for the smack eds that get the council homes and pay like 7 pound rent when there are people willing/who are payin full rent

this was my argument too, its shocking the way this council list is run people who will be paying full rent should get some sort of priority, but they never will

this was my argument too, its shocking the way this council list is run people who will be paying full rent should get some sort of priority, but they never will

If someone can afford 'full rent' then its likely they can afford to rent privately, and at the same time build up waiting time. The landlords get the rent whether its paid by the tenant or by housing benefits. And local councils have a duty to house the most vulnerable, that includes children and the elderly amongst others - with limited housing resources. They aren't like estate agents where you pay your money and get to choose where you live.

I can agree with you to some extent, I think young, fit & able people who have never worked shouldn't get individual flats - they should either stay in their family homes, share with others, or live in hostels.

No, We were taught the three Rs from day one. No calculators or computers. I could, and so could most kids spell better than what I see churned out as English today. The text message system is probably the cause of most of the problems.

Oh, yipppee, another Sheffield Homes/SCC bashing thread.

People complaining about a system they don't understand, and complaining about something they know nothing about.

Why not contact Sheffield Homes and discuss your issues in a mature and calm mannner?

Oh, I know why, because you'd rather just blame the druggies and asylum seekers for your own luck out. Why let reality get in the way of your blind hatred?

Oh, I know why, because you'd rather just blame the druggies and asylum seekers for your own luck out. Why let reality get in the way of your blind hatred?
It usually surprises me that people born here, with all the advantages that brings, who have a settled lifestyle and are in employment are competing for accommodation with 'druggies', 'asylum seekers' and others who might be dispossessed.

It usually surprises me that people born here, with all the advantages that brings, who have a settled lifestyle and are in employment are competing for accommodation with 'druggies', 'asylum seekers' and others who might be dispossessed.

People who grew up in council housing sometimes think they should have the same lifestyle, with cheap rent, as their parents had. Often those same parents went on to buy their council house thus depriving the next generation of cheap, but decent rented housing. Ironic or what. :roll:

There are people who will say they are desperate for council accommodation, but 'only want a house'. A maisonette, whilst perfectly adequate isn't quite as desirable when one comes to buy. ;)