Retro Chocolate Covered Mint/Orange Bars

This do'snt ring any bells to me but it may be what your looking for

anytime bar (mint honeycombe like middle in thin choc coating)

Hello

I'm posting this on behalf of my friend, she has just been asking me if I remember them but sadly I don't!

She seems to think they were called a Mountain Bar or maybe a Fountain Bar!!

does this sound right to anyone!

Trio trrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo. I want a trio and I want one now.

Maybe not

.It was about 8 inches long (if truth be told looked like a log/"number 2"), a thin layer of chocolate and it was a very pale green almost white inside peppermint tasting meringue (just slightly softer than honeycomb), solid not shards or lumps or any of the above, just one long length coated in milk chocolate.

If I remember correctly it was in a white shiny plastic wrapper.

Ooh, I remember these! They were cheap - I remember buying them in Woolworths when I was a teenager - that was the only place I every saw them. I remember the wrapper as being green and white. I didn't like the orange ones though. You've got me going now, trying to remember!

It was cadbury ice breaker or something like that I think. Silvery blue wrapper - the mint one

I remember the mint cracknel bars, as the shards used to abrade your tongue and the roof of your mouth.

Frys did a peppermint cream bar, like after-eights but thicker. They also did one the same with different fondant centres along the bar, orange, and strawberry . They were caled five-centres.

I also preferred Terry's "Waifa" bar to Kit-kats, though both were the same premise:- a wafer encased in chocolate (like the Cadbury's Bar-6). Terry's Waifa was available in both plain and milk chocolate, one bar was blue, the other was red, (plain was red IIRC)

I remember the mint cracknel bars, as the shards used to abrade your tongue and the roof of your mouth.
Never considered it 'kids' chocolate PT it lived on the same shelf as Munchies and Mintola..far too grown up!

I also preferred Terry's "Waifa" bar to Kit-kats, though both were the same premise:- a wafer encased in chocolate (like the Cadbury's Bar-6). Terry's Waifa was available in both plain and milk chocolate, one bar was blue, the other was red, (plain was red IIRC)

I preferred Waifa too, but wasn't it more money? And Bar Six..where did they all go??! :cry:

Never considered it 'kids' chocolate PT it lived on the same shelf as Munchies and Mintola..far too grown up!

I preferred Waifa too, but wasn't it more money? And Bar Six..where did they all go??! :cry:

I last remember buying a Bar 6 about 25 years ago, but I don't recall seeing them much at all after that.

I STR they were called Bar 6 because they cost 6d.

I liked Munchies and Mintola, but there were never enough of the sweets in the pack for the money. I bought them rarely, as a treat, as they were so bloomin' expensive.

As I said in other threads, My favourites were the Galaxy counters, which I am thrilled to see back, albeit in those huge share-bags

(:o Share? Share?? :o Share my precious Galaxy Chocolate??? Pfffft, the very idea!:o )

Edit to say yes Waifa was a lot dearer than Kit-Kats.

As I said in other threads, My favourites were the Galaxy counters, which I am thrilled to see back, albeit in those huge share-bags

(:o Share? Share?? :o Share my precious Galaxy Chocolate??? Pfffft, the very idea!:o )

Can't believe you've mentioned Counters PT, was only talking about them this morning!

They were my favourite chocolates from my youth and for years I was cheesed off that you could only get them as part of the Revels compendium. Only discovered last week their reintroduction and Tesco's have them on offer if you buy 2 bags (I bought 4 :blush:)

My lad found one this morning, ate the lot and after I'd beaten him to within an inch of his life, we had a good chat about their history-he pointed out that the bag is emblazoned with the word "NEW"..only us oldies know better ;)

Can't believe you've mentioned Counters PT, was only talking about them this morning!

They were my favourite chocolates from my youth and for years I was cheesed off that you could only get them as part of the Revels compendium. Only discovered last week their reintroduction and Tesco's have them on offer if you buy 2 bags (I bought 4 :blush:)

My lad found one this morning, ate the lot and after I'd beaten him to within an inch of his life, we had a good chat about their history-he pointed out that the bag is emblazoned with the word "NEW"..only us oldies know better ;)

Are we the same person? (she said, in a puzzled fashion) I was lamenting the same thing, for the longest time, that they could only be acquired, until very recently, in packs of Revels.

I was so delighted to find the packs of counters available again. Minstrels are very much like the counters, but with the smartie-style coating (:gag: ) and I can't stand the coating.

Although I would never advocate brutality of any sort against a child ;) I have to say you were very restrained, if your son was only beaten to within an inch of his life! That's definitely thrashing-territory, that is... A hanging offence, no less! ;)

They really don't taste the same though

The best EVER were the thick chocolate coated fondant bars from Thorntons....mmmmmm. Mint, orange, and coffee, I believe. BRING THEM BACK NOW, THORNTONS, OR ELSE!!