Sheffield jobcentre

I was so pished off the other day. Needed to phone job centre and change an appointment and everyone knows the number is 2590000 right? well not anymore been changed to a 0845 number put through to a switchboard have to tell them which job centre you want where it is and after about 5 rings bounced back to the switch board and the story starts again! All very well this 'brilliant' system but I was was witing 10 mintues then rang again and again what about my phone bill? I was so :rant: wanted to smash something, we live in sheffield its a sheffield job centre why cant the number stay as a sheffield number??? or is that to flipping easy? :roll:

Theres way round ringing the standard 0845 number if you know where to look:)

...we live in sheffield its a sheffield job centre why cant the number stay as a sheffield number??? or is that to flipping easy? :roll:

It doesn't make money for the DWP.

Theres way round ringing the standard 0845 number if you know where to look:)

In the case of the Jobcentre, if you ring the non-0845 number they refuse to deal with you and direct you to ring the 0845 switchboard.

Don't 0845 cost more than 0114 numbers, do they think that the unemployed who are stuggling to have any money at all. expect the unfortunate unemployed people to be phoning and messing with the numbers and getting charged massive amounts.

Totally understand your pain

tell me about it, sorry about the rant just got so annoyed had to vent somewhere lol xx

0845 is now free from BT lines (as well as Plusnet, TalkTalk and a few others) and calls to the job centre have now been made free from mobiles (Legally, if they charge they are actually breaking the law)

I have just googled "Sheffield job centre" and was given this number 01909 705 900,which is a Worksop number. I think I am more confused now. What's wrong with an old fashioned 0114 number? I use one for business on a voip system for customers to use on a standard landline tariff and to identify my location.Why cant the local jobcentre?

0845 is now free from BT lines (as well as Plusnet, TalkTalk and a few others) and calls to the job centre have now been made free from mobiles (Legally, if they charge they are actually breaking the law)

Sources???

Since when ????????

Plus 0845/0870 calls are only free on BT dependent on your calling plan (so evenings and/or weekends, not everyone has the Unlimited plan)!!

When ever ive been in the old jobby its got more security guards than blobbers on.

It has a feel of Donny prison these days....