Pub quizzes in Sheffield

I am looking for a general knowledge pub quiz on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, in or near to the city centre. I know there is one on Thursdays at the Rutland and also the Broadfield, but Tues or Wed are better days for me. Can anyone advise?

there is a Wednesday pub quiz at the Robin Hood off of abbeydale rd in Millhouses. There is also a Thursday pub quiz at the Sheaf View in Heeley. I know they are not city centre but good pubs/quizzes.

Shameless Plug; Big Jims Quiz at Hillsborough Hotel Tuesday and at New Barrack Tavern on Wednesday. There is also a quiz at the Harlequin on Wednesday

Its a bit out of the city centre, but Carbrook Hall on Attercliffe Common has a music/general knowledge quiz on Tuesday nights at about 9pm. You can win a choice of beer or a cash prize. Extra games too like bingo.

Also out of the centre - the Plough on Sandygate Road does excellent quizzes on Thirsday and Sunday, with free sarnies :)

any good quiz nights around walkley/hillsborough?

Hi, I thought this might interest you - this Sunday we are hosting a one-off live pub quiz with band. See below for info:

"On 11th July be sure to come down to West Street Live (West Street, Sheffield) as the first Saemon Daemon Live Pub Quiz takes off. The quiz is completely free to enter and will feature 10 rounds of music trivia including rounds such as 'name the artist' as well as picture rounds. All questions will be played live, so expect a 'pub quiz' atmosphere with the added bonus of watching Saemon Daemon try to recite over 40 songs from memory.

Be sure to get down early (8pm) to collect a quiz sheet and have a chance of winning one of several prizes! This has been planned as a one-off show so be sure not to miss it! If you are a Facebooker please see the following link for more information as well as the Live Music Quiz promotional trailers!"

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...2258600&ref=ts

Thanks! Hope to see you there.

three tuns on silver head st in town have a general knowledge quiz on wednesdays 7.00 oclock start tho

Shameless Plug; Big Jims Quiz at Hillsborough Hotel Tuesday and at New Barrack Tavern on Wednesday. There is also a quiz at the Harlequin on Wednesday

off topic, but a couple of years ago when at the kelham island tavern quiz, you gave me and my mate a horse to follow, peintre d'argent, its won 3 times this season, and two of those times i backed it!!

there is a Wednesday pub quiz at the Robin Hood off of abbeydale rd in Millhouses. There is also a Thursday pub quiz at the Sheaf View in Heeley. I know they are not city centre but good pubs/quizzes.

The quiz in the Sheaf View's is on Tuesdays now, from 9, maybe 9.30 :huh:

The Porter Brook on Eccy Road has one on Tuesdays as does the Lescar, arrgh...decisions decisions!

Must admit I expected more posts on here.

Any more for any more?

Can anyone tell me where to find a pub quiz on this Thursday? Somewhere between Meersbrook and the town centre would be ideal! I thought the Sheaf View did their quiz on a Thursday but someone told me it might have changed evening.

the rutland arms on a thur