Council waiting list - how long are you really waiting?

That would be family tax credits, you can get some sort of tax credit if your on a low income.

You can claim Child tax credit, even if your not working.

If your working, to claim working tax credit, you need to be over 25, or have children.

Under Labour, child poverty was lowered, the amount of pensioners in poverty rose. The amount of single aged working adults in poverty increased, now there are more working age adults in poverty, than pensioners.

Factor in the unaffordability of housing and you see the logical reason why there is a disincentive to work amongst the youth. Benefits or working, you will be in poverty and unable to afford housing. Social housing is not available to you, unless you have kids.

:loopy::huh::help:

What you mean some people have kids young to get some sort of financial incentives?? :o
No not at all, I was making a joke that having kids is difficult so its nice there are a few perks to be had. Its really not that funny if I have to explain :(:confused:

Depending on the property and location it would be about £50-70 per week to rent a 3 bed council house. retired people want them because once they start on pension credit they get housing benefit so get some or all the rent paid and they also get repairs and so on done for free

Thank you disco, those are good rents, what happens if you retire, sell the house you own, does that money from the sale make a difference when applying for council housing ?

No not at all, I was making a joke that having kids is difficult so its nice there are a few perks to be had. Its really not that funny if I have to explain :(:confused:

Sorry Discodown, i was being sarcastic to your comment, as we all know that that never happens in this country :D

Archived