Manor? What's it like?

it depends on what part of the 'manor' you live on places like manor park and manor castle are really nice areas which are mainly bought houses and people find it difficult to get council houses on there because they are saught after.

all it comes down to is 'each to their own' some people are born in high class areas and look down on people such as us manor folk and all i have to say to them is to judge the individual people not the area they live in. peopla are far to judgemental theses days!

my opion to the person who has been offered a house on the manor would be do some research on the area and the neigbours and i think you will be warmly welcomed :)

good luck (Y)

dronfield or the manor.

tough choice.

i suppose i'd have to rough it in dronfield instead of having my windows smashed, stuff stolen and possible death threats in the manor

WE NOT IN 97 WE IN 2010:loopy:

Apologys if its changed as it was a long time ago when i worked on the demolition on the manor but found it sad the other year to read about all the trouble Troggy had had as i thought he was a part of the manors history.

The trouble he had when he set his dog on someone and it ragged them thats only trouble i can think off he had,

Am i right in saying that...?

dronfield or the manor.

tough choice.

i suppose i'd have to rough it in dronfield instead of having my windows smashed, stuff stolen and possible death threats in the manor

Death threats?? hahahahaha funniest thing ive heard. like i said i live on manor park near the castle the houses here are mainly bought i live in an housing association property and the neighbours are lovely the worst thing ive had happen is a van from a neighbour constantly parked in front of my drive hardly breaking news and although slightly annoying not causing any trouble.

i.d move back there now if i had the chance....

The trouble he had when he set his dog on someone and it ragged them thats only trouble i can think off he had,

Am i right in saying that...?

Yes thats wat i read in the star.I know kids used to torment him a bit then but always thought he was harmless he must have been pushed to breaking point.

Yes thats wat i read in the star.I know kids used to torment him a bit then but always thought he was harmless he must have been pushed to breaking point.

yes and that incident with troggy occured on the arbourthorne not the manor for your information, id prefer the manor to the arbourthorne anyday, come to think of it id take the manor over the wybourn, parson cross,shiregreen,pitsmoor,fir vale or attercliffe so it cant be all that bad

yes and that incident with troggy occured on the arbourthorne not the manor for your information, id prefer the manor to the arbourthorne anyday, come to think of it id take the manor over the wybourn, parson cross,shiregreen,pitsmoor,fir vale or attercliffe so it cant be all that bad

Am sure it was manor...........!

it happend.....

My parents have lived on the Manor for 35 years and wouldn't move for love nor money.

It just depends on which part of the Manor you have been offered a house on.

Like a lot of people say, the estate has good and bad areas, as do all estates.

I find that many people find the top end of the Manor a better area than the Lower Manor. I know many many people who live on the top end and they wouldn't hear a bad word said about it.

The Manor did have a terrible reputation some years ago, and unfortunately the bad press has stayed.

There will be lots of people on here giving you their opinion and I'd be surprised if most of them had stepped foot on the Manor. It's easy to spout off, just on what we THINK we know.

The best thing to do, I think, would be to go and have a look around, during the day, then go back at night, and see what the area is like. Ask the neighbours.

Just rest assured, you could have been offered a house in a much worse area!

Good luck.

maybe there is a reason they havnt stepped foot on the manor.

anyone know what it is like in waterthorpe.

rough as <removed>

Edited by medusa
language!