Why are there so many police on Abbeydale Road?

last few days on my way home from work i have seen multiple police cars and bikes stopping varius vehicles all along abbydale road and london road. has anyone any idea why. must be an opperation for something, but what?

last few days on my way home from work i have seen multiple police cars and bikes stopping varius vehicles all along abbydale road and london road. has anyone any idea why. must be an opperation for something, but what?

my son said there was a gang of lads with cans of lager on abbeydale rd last night. when he drove back an hour later there were police everywhere driving really slow????

• 2 years later...

It appeared to be two days of random vehicle checks. The police were waving cars in to a bollarded (not sure if thats even a word, sorry) layby and checking them out. Not sure of the legalities of these "spot" checks? there were no signs, and they didnt seem to be using any equiptment.

pleanty of black cabs were pulled over and a lowloader arrived to take some cars away!

thats all i know :)

It appeared to be two days of random vehicle checks. The police were waving cars in to a bollarded (not sure if thats even a word, sorry) layby and checking them out. Not sure of the legalities of these "spot" checks? there were no signs, and they didnt seem to be using any equiptment.

pleanty of black cabs were pulled over and a lowloader arrived to take some cars away!

thats all i know :)

Wow youve got a better memory than me! :)

LMAO **gets coat**

thats what you get for being sensible and not wanting to duplicate posts, tee hee

---------- Post added 28-02-2013 at 17:57 ----------

so anyway!!

What with all these police checks for the last two days on Abbeydale Road :)