Prison for Dubai kiss?

They`d already been fined 180pounds after being found guilty of "being in a public place after consuming alcohol" i.e walking down the street after being in the bar....

can you believe it what a joke of a country is this??

Dubai is a city, and its one of the most luxurious places to visit in the whole world, holidays are about embracing other peoples cultures and not acting like drunken yobs on the street as this isn't Arab culture (I'm sure its tolerated in more luxurious travel destinations such as Skegness and Scarborough)

Edited by Z_A786
typo

I wonder if Skegness and Scarborough have adulterers as well?

whats your point?

Point being you made an irrational incomparible comment, one which i could not consider as i have visited neither place unlike Dubai.

fat chance of the oil running out, everytime you buy petrol the uae makes a huge profit, laws are laws, no point complaining about them if youve got no intention of going there!

If they've got so much oil how come they had to borrow so much money to make all their absurd hotels and how come they can't pay it back?

Dubai is a city, and its one of the most luxurious places to visit in the whole world, holidays are about embracing other peoples cultures and not acting like drunken yobs on the street as this isn't Arab culture (I'm sure its tolerated in more luxurious travel destinations such as Skegness and Scarborough)

"drunken yobs on the street" :huh: This couple were under the UK drink drive limit and kissed on the cheek upon meeting up for a meal in a restaurant.

The biggest culture in dubai, I hear, is on Jumeira beach and it's called E.Coli.

A noxious tide of toilet paper, raw sewage and chemical waste has transformed Dubai’s most prestigious stretch of shoreline into a foul-smelling health hazard.

A stretch of the exclusive Jumeirah Beach — a magnet for Western tourists and home to a string of hotels — has been closed.

“It’s a cesspool. Our tests show too many E. coli to count. It’s like swimming in a toilet,” said Keith Mutch, the manager of the Offshore Sailing Club, which has posted warnings and been forced to cancel regattas.

I don't know, but at least you can give your partner a good fingering behind a kebab shop without having to run from the religious police. That can really make or break a holiday, in my opinion. It's what you look forward to for most of the working year.

On the original topic, I had a look at the actual story and one thing that does stand out is that the couple are mixed race. I wonder how much this was a factor in the eyes of the daft bint who "reported" them? :hihi: Arab culture has some underlying racism that makes the BNP look like the United Nations. I remember being in a bookstore looking at some "folk tales" to use up my last bits of currency and the basic story seemed to be Nasty Dark People vs the Good Fair Skinned Pure Bred Arabs.

Sometimes a kiss is not just a kiss, but a month-long prison sentence.

And were they in the UK? What does the UK drink drive limit have to do with anything? They broke the laws of the country they were in....

Of course they did however I was responding to Z_A786's attempt to depict the couple as acting like "drunken yobs" I clearly didn't claim that they didn't break the ridiculous laws of the fundie ****-hole they were foolish enough to holiday in.

The biggest culture in dubai, I hear, is on Jumeira beach and it's called E.Coli.

I never knew culture was determined by one beach in one city in the UAE..

If they've got so much oil how come they had to borrow so much money to make all their absurd hotels and how come they can't pay it back?

"drunken yobs on the street" :huh: This couple were under the UK drink drive limit and kissed on the cheek upon meeting up for a meal in a restaurant.

Dubai is funded by its brother Abu Dhabi which has a vast amount of oil which obviously cant be quantified, the couple may have been under the uk drunk drive limit but that has nothing to do with the problem, the law in dubai clearly states such acts arent prohibited in public. There maybe hypocrisy (due to the amount of prostitutes there are in dubai) but imo it was sheer stupidity to try and bend the laws.

drunken yobs in the street is a harsh statement to make, I'm man enough to admit that it was slightly undeserved, however in a city where Islam is the main religion, these acts simply aren't the norm, so to the native arab people living there the couple in question maybe seen as for want of a better word "yobs"

Edited by Z_A786
missed some text