Next shop, wont let me change a item that doesn't fit

Buy one in the correct size and take the one that doesnt fit back and get a refund, ask first it they will give a refund.

ignore what the others have said if you start being difficult you've no chance!

Also you don't have any rights to an exchange despite the labels as this could have been bought anywhere (ebay etc) people like you are the reason customer service staff are generally quite rude.

Next shop, wont let me change a iten that dont fit, i recived an item as a gift, because its a gift i dont have a recept so they wont accept it back, its got all tags on and price nothing wrong with it,but they are saying because its a £80.00 dress i cant take it back? does anybody no if this is right ? :help:

Could you explain to the person who bought it you they bought you the wrong size and would it be possible to have the receipt? If not try a different next shop

Could you explain to the person who bought it you they bought you the wrong size and would it be possible to have the receipt? If not try a different next shop

Already explained that the person who bought dress no longer has receipt.

I try to avoid buying clothing for presents but on the odd occasion I have I always put gift receipt inside parcel before wrapping up.

could you perhaps ring head office, explain the situation and if they agree to you swapping ask them to contact your local store for you to say they have authorised it prior to you returning? good luck

Think you must've found an assistant on a bad day, as I've never known Next refuse to swap something unless they had reason to think it'd been worn/damaged/stolen.

Their policy (unless it's changed since I left) is to either give you a refund card with the value on it (if it's old stock that's been in a sale you'd get lowest value, but you should get full price if it's current stock) OR exchange for another size. I'd go back, to another shop if you weren't happy with the first, and just ask again for an exchange, can't see any reason to refuse.

I would agree with this, I was bought a hoodie top as a christmas present but it turned out to be a bit too big, took it back to Next and exchanged it for the next size down with no questions asked. I would go back again or go to a different Next theres plenty of them locally.

I'm on the side of Next here.

Without proof of purchase,the shop has no obligation to take the item back, as it could have been stolen.

Previous posts mention the gift receipts - and the shop had their 'offer and acceptance' contract with whoever purchased the item, not you.

I'm on the side of Next here.

Without proof of purchase,the shop has no obligation to take the item back, as it could have been stolen.

If it had been stolen what difference would swapping it for another make.

Next have always given me cash back for any goods returned.

If next have started a new policy where they dont give cash back on items bought, then i will be looking to shop elsewhere.

Next have always given me cash back for any goods returned.

If next have started a new policy where they dont give cash back on items bought, then i will be looking to shop elsewhere.

The policy of Next has always been to return the item using the original method of payment shown on the reciept. If no reciept is present then either an exchange is offered up to the value of the last selling price of the item being returned or, at the stores discretion, put the value of the of the last selling price on to a refund card.

Next has never just given cash back as their policy as this messes up the tills.

The policy of Next has always been to return the item using the original method of payment shown on the reciept. If no reciept is present then either an exchange is offered up to the value of the last selling price of the item being returned or, at the stores discretion, put the value of the of the last selling price on to a refund card.

Next has never just given cash back as their policy as this messes up the tills.

I always get a refund by card or cash ?????

i've had clothing bought for my children which have been the wrong size, i've never had a problem exchanging the sizes in any of the next stores. Just out of interest does the dress tag still have the price on it - you know the bit they normally tear off at the checkout??