Approximate costs of loft conversion

My wife and I are currently looking to buy our first house together in or around Crookes. We have seen a few terraced houses which have one and a half bedrooms, which would be fine for now but with us looking to have kids in the next few years we would need more space. We are thinking about the possibility of having a loft conversion to give an extra bedroom but we have no idea how much this would cost. We are only looking at a real ballpark figure and there is no point in offering to come round and quote as we haven't bought anywhere yet. But are we talk 2k or 20K? Any advice would be really helpful.

Will 150k do.

No house

No plans

Without any of the above you just can't

put a cost on it, there are so many other factors involved.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't goig to hold anyone to a price Mr Gobby, just wanted a ballpark idea for a standard small 2 bedroom terrace! Spoken to a few people and got a better idea now though.

Cost a few hundred to apply for planning permission etc.. too

hi there you would be looking around 15 to 25k depending on what you want good luck

Please see photos of the loft we did I would definately recommend a dormer window they add lots of useable space to a loft especially in a terrace the above conversion was on a terrace the same as yours and it worked well.

I would say cost up to 25k max for a good spec dormer conversion

My wife and I are currently looking to buy our first house together in or around Crookes. We have seen a few terraced houses which have one and a half bedrooms, which would be fine for now but with us looking to have kids in the next few years we would need more space. We are thinking about the possibility of having a loft conversion to give an extra bedroom but we have no idea how much this would cost. We are only looking at a real ballpark figure and there is no point in offering to come round and quote as we haven't bought anywhere yet. But are we talk 2k or 20K? Any advice would be really helpful.

hi right ... i can fully understand where you are, there are ways to do this .... however to much to list i`ve done conversions form 2.5k . it all depends on the property give me a call for a chat thelm 07941678987. I renovate property thanks

Cost a few hundred to apply for planning permission etc.. too

I'm thinking of doing up/converting my loft-Do you really need planning permission??

Hi, at the moment we are building a bedroom over the garage, so new roof and everything on, our builder said if I was you I would convert your loft at the same time as it is really big.? my husband was really surprised. we have just asked him for a price. because the builders are already doing things is there still the same amount of work involved? he said it would only take a couple of weeks more.

how much do you think it would cost?

Planning permission is a must as the roof height has to be a minimum distance for clearance, access must be good for fire regs and apart from anything legal, you will need planning approval if you ever want to sell! Always good to have all the T's crossed!