The Sheffield gay scene part 2

max

When I let my dog out the other day and he came back with a flyer in his mouth which has this website http://www.friendsofedwardcarpenter.co.uk/

As February will be "Gay History Month" I thought I would mention the weekend 21st - 22nd February event in the Millennium Galleries, to be staged here on this thread so that peeps can know early to get organised to support it.

It should be very good with lots of activities for LGBT and me and my dog will certainly support it !

• 3 weeks later...

Thought me and my dog would bump this thread up to inform peeps whats happening on the Sheffield Gay scene, remember this time last year when the fabulous Twist / Fuel was first launched and genuine excitement on the scene? Alas a year on and its closed and back to the usual stalwarts.

Well Icons have a new drag and games night on Wed nights with the marvellous Krystal Ball, come on down and have a go - Tyranna will you be making a guest appearance? :love:

21st/22nd Feb is a busy weekend on the Sheffield gay scene with the local LGBT history month on in full swing at the Millennium run by the council - see here for more info::

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/policy--performance/how-we-will-deliver/other-strategies-plans-and-policies/equality-and-diversity/events-and-festivals/lgbt-history-month.html

Also the Sheffield Out of Office is running a speed social at the Harlequin Sat 21st - £6 at 7pm and food , free drink See more here:

https://sheffieldoutofoffice.wordpress.com/category/upcoming-events/

Dempseys is as busy as ever with Karaoke now running on even more nights, and Icons getting great weekend crowds, yes things look to be picking up steam again for Sheffield LGBT in 2015 !!

:o No is this true?

I had heard a separate rumour actually from a little bird that flies around the bottom of the Moor that Dempseys is to be renamed "Downtown Dempseys" and that they were going to open a new sister bar called "Dempseys West" somewhere?

Should be called Downmarket Dumpseys, that'd be more accurate

Icons changing hands and name as of tomorrow.....allegedly.

That's interesting, about the above and also the Dempseys rumor: I've heard related rumors, similar to the former, that someone I know of may be opening a new bar, but it will be more of an 'all comers' venue rather than exclusively gay,but will definitely be gay-friendly all the same. I cannot say more at present, as I have only heard the rumor from one close friend and with these things I normally wait for independent verification, hopefully from the venue themselves, before posting anything further in a public forum.

As for myself, I am slowly emerging from winter hibernation to start work on several exciting projects including the entertainment side, and not all of them just confined to Sheffield, although you will see me around a bit more on the scene, at Climax and other venues as and when.

BTW, the 'LES FEMMES' TV/TS meet is on at its regular monthly slot THIS FRIDAY, 27 Feb, (4th Friday of thee month) at DEMPSEYS from 8pm. All TV's and TS's are welcome, as well as partners/friends, for an informal social meet-up and dancing upstairs from 10.

Remember also CLIMAX, from 10.30 the same night at the Student Union as usual!:love: