Christians,old Beauchief Hotel.

vanjon

You'd hope he's helping them with the bill too or ,if it was me,I'd be cautious to return and waste more money - he'd be the one that's laughing then and I'd be the mug.

Mmmmm nice constructive, forgiving, positive outlook here.

Having been to the Blue Room on a number of occasions when Christian Kent owned it I can assure you that he is nothing if not generous and very concerned about his reputation, far more so than many others.

Mmmmm nice constructive, forgiving, positive outlook here.

That's just my outlook on the situation, I didn't force it upon skinner - I just offered another point of view. I keep the saying "trick me once shame on you, trick me twice shame on me" in the back of my head, I'm aware other don't; it may have been worth considering. I don't see how it isn't constructive (apart from maybe from Christian's point of view).

Edited by Dave650

That's just my outlook on the situation, I didn't force it upon skinner - I just offered another point of view. I keep the saying "trick me once shame on you, trick me twice shame on me" in the back of my head, I'm aware other don't; it may have been worth considering. I don't see how it isn't constructive (apart from maybe from Christian's point of view).

I would offer - how can we change a 'lose - lose' into a 'win - win' situation? It's the one I keep at the back of my head and it's worked fine for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys - I feel as if I have to post here too and yes, I’m pretty new to all this posting lark but have joined simply to advertise for extra staff and now to put my side across.

I actually DO work at Christians - thank you to all those who have posted (employees - I hope not!) regarding the restaurant or maybe perhaps Christian himself has a stalker?? :love: Thinking on… he did get two birthday presents from mysterious women (allegedly) ….. (I personally think it was the chefs!) :hihi:

Even I admit they look like ads for the place.... but the food really is just excellent and has never been under question, only the service occasionally has not been to the standard we intend on giving. Anyone who had a meal in Christians ‘Blue Room Brasserie’ will know his culinary skills but Christians Restaurant is more towards the standards of Claridges in London where a very young Chris worked his way to the top.

Some of you might not probably know the restaurant manager we had in place to run Christians, tragically lost his young daughter as our doors opened and was subsequently unable to work. Eventually and sadly he felt unable to rejoin our team. Our thoughts and condolences are with him and his family.

So the issues have been some of our staff have perhaps not had the training that was required due to circumstance but we now we have a permanent team in place here. I have also come back to work for Christian as I genuinely admire his skill (why else would you put up with deranged chefs!?) Staff are now constantly trained, our levels of service are excellent and I would happily challenge anyone to visit Christians and not have a perfect evening. If anyone wishes to contact me regarding any evening here please feel free to get in touch!

I worked all Valentines weekend and it REALLY was excellent. I spent two sleepless nights before Friday arrived, stressing over table plans, linen, organisation, furniture removal, cutlery, staff and even music selection for three long days and nights and in the space of just 24 hrs we had served over 300 customers with a stunning meal. I genuinely wanted every person who walked in that door to have a fantastic experience........ The only complaint I heard of was a grumble from a customer that his booking wasn’t in our list for the evening and we always do our best to find a table when it’s possible even if a slight wait is required.

And now, as I’ve admitted I AM an employee, I would like to say our next venture will be to close the downstairs bar (plans are almost finalised) and completely over haul and give it the beauty inside and out the building deserves - so desperately needed since the days and great times of Michel !! (Showing my age now...)

Advert over….. :D

Thanks for reading (sorry for the waffle) and please get in touch if you have any issues to discuss. We welcome all feed back good AND bad!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great experience at Christians last saturday, we were a party of 16 and had the private dining room which had great decor and atmosphere, the food and service were very good. we had to send one bottle of wine back as it was off but the staff we polite and apologetic. we will definately go again!

Sorry guys - I feel as if I have to post here too and yes, I’m pretty new to all this posting lark but have joined simply to advertise for extra staff and now to put my side across.

I actually DO work at Christians - thank you to all those who have posted (employees - I hope not!) regarding the restaurant or maybe perhaps Christian himself has a stalker?? :love: Thinking on… he did get two birthday presents from mysterious women (allegedly) ….. (I personally think it was the chefs!) :hihi:

Even I admit they look like ads for the place.... but the food really is just excellent and has never been under question, only the service occasionally has not been to the standard we intend on giving. Anyone who had a meal in Christians ‘Blue Room Brasserie’ will know his culinary skills but Christians Restaurant is more towards the standards of Claridges in London where a very young Chris worked his way to the top.

Some of you might not probably know the restaurant manager we had in place to run Christians, tragically lost his young daughter as our doors opened and was subsequently unable to work. Eventually and sadly he felt unable to rejoin our team. Our thoughts and condolences are with him and his family.

So the issues have been some of our staff have perhaps not had the training that was required due to circumstance but we now we have a permanent team in place here. I have also come back to work for Christian as I genuinely admire his skill (why else would you put up with deranged chefs!?) Staff are now constantly trained, our levels of service are excellent and I would happily challenge anyone to visit Christians and not have a perfect evening. If anyone wishes to contact me regarding any evening here please feel free to get in touch!

I worked all Valentines weekend and it REALLY was excellent. I spent two sleepless nights before Friday arrived, stressing over table plans, linen, organisation, furniture removal, cutlery, staff and even music selection for three long days and nights and in the space of just 24 hrs we had served over 300 customers with a stunning meal. I genuinely wanted every person who walked in that door to have a fantastic experience........ The only complaint I heard of was a grumble from a customer that his booking wasn’t in our list for the evening and we always do our best to find a table when it’s possible even if a slight wait is required.

And now, as I’ve admitted I AM an employee, I would like to say our next venture will be to close the downstairs bar (plans are almost finalised) and completely over haul and give it the beauty inside and out the building deserves - so desperately needed since the days and great times of Michel !! (Showing my age now...)

Advert over….. :D

Thanks for reading (sorry for the waffle) and please get in touch if you have any issues to discuss. We welcome all feed back good AND bad!

Nice post good and luck with the place.