Guitar, piano, violin lessons for my kid wanted ..

My 7 year old daughter wants to learn to play an instrument. She's not really fussed about what she wants to learn so I reckon the quality of the teacher would be the most important factor to keep her interest going. Anyone know of an inspiring musical instrument teacher looking for another pupil? I'd be delighted to hear about them

Why don't you try instrument lessons through school? Your daughter will get a loan instrument through the Music Services, so she can try a wider range.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/sheffield-music-service

If you have a piano, I'd be happy to PM you details for my daughter's piano teacher - she's been with her since she was seven and loves it.

My partner is a guitar tutor with ten years experience.

He teaches from home in Heeley, is fully police checked and is very competent in both teaching and playing in all styles. His students say wonderful things about him and he has a great ability to put people at ease and gage their individual levels.

PM me for a phone number and any more information.

Sarah

I was a very musical child , I learned Piano upto grade 6 , guitar , recorder , had a temporary stint with a flute but desperately wanted to learn the drums unfortunately my parents drew the line at that lol.

I think guitar is a perfect way to start learning music , don't get me wrong I loved my piano playing but it's a bit er static lol , can't take it round to Grandma's to practise . :hihi:

How much an hour does yor partner charge for guitar lessons as my daughter is interested?

Hi, his one-on-one lessons cost £15 for an hour or £10 for half an hour.

He also teaches group sessions at Sharrow SureStart on London Road which cost £8 an hour.

Will PM you with contact numbers if you are still interested.