Taxi Driver photos

I can't see what the use of having a photo sent to you is... What if you don't get too see the taxi driver properly before you get in? I just don't get the whole thing. :hihi:

I've just decided that they should have little business card type things in the back of cabs. With little pictures printed on them of the driver with the taxi details and the taxi drivers details on them. It'd cost the same as sending a picture message to everyone, and you'd also have details to hand if anything did happen... stupid idea probably :D

Edited by Nataliie
more info

In a way I can see it been a good idea, especially if you are female and alone or if you have a problem with the driver and don't have his badge number.

On the downside it could cause all sorts of problems

In a way I can see it been a good idea, especially if you are female and alone or if you have a problem with the driver and don't have his badge number.

After thinking about it, i also think the picture message thing could cause a lot of problems... Especially with some people.

Good idea, in my opinion. Although it increases the taxi company's overheads. Perhaps be better to be offered as an option, i.e. I don't give a monkeys what my driver looks like, but I'd like my wife to know she's getting into the correct cab when it turns up.

Good idea, in my opinion. Although it increases the taxi company's overheads. Perhaps be better to be offered as an option, i.e. I don't give a monkeys what my driver looks like, but I'd like my wife to know she's getting into the correct cab when it turns up.

I'm sure any mobile company wanting the business would sort out a pretty good rate for the cost of picture messages

My badge has my photo on it lol.

Exactly.

Don't all taxi drivers have badges with photos on?

They should have.

I can't see what the use of having a photo sent to you is... What if you don't get too see the taxi driver properly before you get in? I just don't get the whole thing. :hihi:

Yep, me neither, who the heck looks at the driver before getting in?

Besides which, don't we all look the same? :hihi:

Yeah, people cancelling their cab when they see my ugly mug :hihi:

As I'm sure you all know, taxi companies have used ringback to inform customers their taxi is here for years now.

There is another way that's available, but costs the taxi company (i.e. the cost of a text message) ...

Text back.

You get a text message telling you the cab is here - AND it gives you the make and model of car as well as the registration number.

As I'm sure you all know, taxi companies have used ringback to inform customers their taxi is here for years now.

There is another way that's available, but costs the taxi company (i.e. the cost of a text message) ...

Text back.

You get a text message telling you the cab is here - AND it gives you the make and model of car as well as the registration number.

But how many Sheffield Taxi firms are actually using this as I certainly haven't seen it advertised