Incident outside Wisewood Secondary School - 11/01/10

perhaps you could explain why from the incident a few wisewood students have now been excluded, One of these im sorry to say knows my child:(

But just to add it was only the odd few students the main ones was older teens who hang around there

There have been no students excluded as an outcome of this incident. There have been some exclusions for snowballing, but these were not related to this incident.

I assume the Y11 involved would have been excluded but he has not been in attendance at Wisewood for some time as he is engaged in an out of school placement on a permanent basis.

I drove past at 3:30 this afternoon and saw two police officers keeping an eye on the goings on. Needless to say it was quiet !!

Its less than a year since a man was murdered by a feral youth about half a mile away from here.

Edited by sixer

I am a teacher at Wisewood and I was one of the members of staff trying to break this fight up.

Out of the aggressors there was ONE Y11 wisewood pupil. All of the others were not known to me and were not of school age. As it was the end of the school day there were a lot of our pupils there - but they were not involved in the incident.

It was not within my duty to try and break up that fight - but ultimatley I live in this community too and I don't want to live in a place where it is okay for a man to kicked at whilst lying on the ground. I potentially put myself in danger - and many have told me how foolish I was.

This incident is no reflection on the school. Wisewood is a great school - if people are looking for people to blame - blame the youths being aggressive, blame the man for not walking away (he had ample opportunity to but kept coming back at them insisting he would take them one on one) and blame some of the parents who have raised young men who think it is ok to behave like this.

Blame the man for not walking away! are you crazy? He gets assaulted and then is expected to just take it and walk off quietly? Society has became so soft that kids these days think they are untouchable and can get away with whatever they want.

saw that the post office were having a window fitted today - was this just general wear and tear who was it smashed

Yobbish behaviour is nothing new from Pupils at Wisewood school, so why is anyone suprised ?

In the 1980s, I went to Bradfield School and as our coaches went past we had to put up with Pupils from Wisewood School sticking two fingers up to the Coaches as they drove past. In Winter, some Wisewood kids even threw snowballs at the coaches.

I guess that these kids are the offspring of the kids who went to the same school in the 1980s

Blame the man for not walking away! are you crazy? He gets assaulted and then is expected to just take it and walk off quietly? Society has became so soft that kids these days think they are untouchable and can get away with whatever they want.

No, he isn't crazy - if the guy who wrote that is telling it straight (and I've no reason to doubt that he is) then the bloke who got beaten clearly helped to provoke the violence -

''he had ample opportunity ( to walk away) to but kept coming back at them insisting he would take them one on one''

There were plenty of other things he could have done that perhaps wouldn't have ended up with him being being beaten up.

I really hate the people that jump to conclusions about the school because i attend the school and sure there are some bad pupils but that is just like every other school and although the students did outnumber him, it was him who started the fight. I no this because i was outside the school and saw it all. I know that this has never happened since i have been at the school and i doubt it would happen again i think the blame should be shared between the kids and the man because it is true that he had ample opportunities to walk away but he would not walk off quietly and it was not just him that provoked it all but he had a major part in it.

Its less than a year since a man was murdered by a feral youth about half a mile away from here (Ryan Ward was sentenced to life imprisonment in December). These sorts of incidents need to be stamped out by the police immediately. The police or council installed a CCTV camera at Loxley after the Ryan Ward incident so maybe they should do the same here.

There is a large groupd who congregate outside the old Spar shop (seemingly with encouragement from the current owners). Dispersing them would be a start.

This is usual a nice area, despite what some posters have said. The school kids can be a bit rowdy but I am guessing no worse than any others at chucking out time.

I do agree with you the large group who i may add are well known to the police , should be clamped down on!!

For some reason there does seem alot of encouragement from the old spar shop:( You would have thought he would want them moved on dont you think!!

although the students did outnumber him, it was him who started the fight. I no this because i was outside the school and saw it all. I know that this has never happened since i have been at the school and i doubt it would happen again i think the blame should be shared between the kids and the man because it is true that he had ample opportunities to walk away but he would not walk off quietly and it was not just him that provoked it all but he had a major part in it.

Sorry to say im not taking sides , but The reason the man started or said anything was because of a incident to his wife and child on the sunday !!

The man im told had alot of abuse/threats made to him im told by others who was there!!

The gang are now are causing trouble around where he lives !!

But the main point i think is the gang should be moved on perhaps cctv should be on the shops , it may move them on

I know other shops that had problems have got cameras fitted outside there shops etc

And by the way anouther parent and there very young children was pelted with snowballs today!! to which the mother had to have a word with the gang and they just laughed at her !!

Edited by barmyowls

Afraid its a different school.

Glad to see it's NOT Wisewood - I will report back more on Friday on this incident - I do have some input into Wisewood and will report back accurately on the facts and actions being taken.

And who are you - Dirty Harry?

How did u know?