Parking at Bradfield Road

I parked at bradfield road carpark the other day only to receive a fine for parking 7 seconds over time,Now can this be legal and to top it off i phoned the company to ask who authorised it for 7 seconds and he said he did and he also said i was shouting at him and noooo i wasnt.he was very off hand with me.Now who employees this company is it the shops near the car park? If its the shops then these shops need boycotting or employ a better comany. What happens if i dont pay, i dont mind paying for things i have done wrong but for 7 seconds is a disgrace. Rant over!!!!

unless it's council or police i don't think you need to do anything, just ignore any letters they send and they will go away, i think thats right anyway but i'm sure someone will be able to tell for definate

Theres loads of threads about exel parking on here and I think the general consensus is dont pay them, they have no legal right to make you pay.

I parked at bradfield road carpark the other day only to receive a fine for parking 7 seconds over time,Now can this be legal and to top it off i phoned the company to ask who authorised it for 7 seconds and he said he did and he also said i was shouting at him and noooo i wasnt.he was very off hand with me.Now who employees this company is it the shops near the car park? If its the shops then these shops need boycotting or employ a better comany. What happens if i dont pay, i dont mind paying for things i have done wrong but for 7 seconds is a disgrace. Rant over!!!!

Yep, I started boycotting this as soon as I heard what was happenning, along with Meadowhall, Meadowhall Retail Park and others. The people who employ such firms/tactics, don't deserve business, there are far more deserving businesses in Sheffield who really value their customers, not try and take them down for every penny.

Is it possible to write out a ticket in 7 seconds? :huh:

Don't pay it!

yep I parked at 14 10 45 sec and left at 14 20 46 sec I had a fine of £80 for the one second over the time limit of 10 mins weeks ago, I told them I wasn't paying and have heard nothin since

yep I parked at 14 10 45 sec and left at 14 20 46 sec I had a fine of £80 for the one second over the time limit of 10 mins weeks ago, I told them I wasn't paying and have heard nothin since

I have received a fine from them today for parking during the evening (when I didn't think it applied).:rant: Does anyone know for definite if its not legal and you don't have to pay? thanks for your help:mad:

A private company cannot FINE you.

Only the courts can do that.

If you refuse to pay their 'invoice' then they would have to sue you in court.

A private company cannot FINE you.

Only the courts can do that.

If you refuse to pay their 'invoice' then they would have to sue you in court.

Just to add, the company won't take you to court, they can not win. The car park is free, so they could try to claim loss of earnings of 0.

OP - Don't worry about the invoice you received. It is totally un-enforceable. Ignore all corrispondance from the firm.

Yep, I started boycotting this as soon as I heard what was happenning, along with Meadowhall, Meadowhall Retail Park and others. The people who employ such firms/tactics, don't deserve business, there are far more deserving businesses in Sheffield who really value their customers, not try and take them down for every penny.

Why have you boycotted Meadowhall?

I thought they only 'fined' morons who park in yellow striped 'no parking' areas or disabled bays without a permit?

Why have you boycotted Meadowhall?

I thought they only 'fined' morons who park in yellow striped 'no parking' areas or disabled bays without a permit?

They have imposed a time limit.