Aghast at parent on the bus.

Further to your texts about this situation, PT, I have had a sleepless night. I am pleased that you are finding the strength to take this further. You may be about to save a little girl's life, you never know. It is something about which we should all be vigilent. It is all too common an occurrance the world over. We have to protect ALL our children. I know, when I became a parent, I started to feel like a parent to all children. When you hear of stories like this, it makes you wonder if other threads (about all parents being CRB checked etc etc) are not so insane after all. Hang in there PT. Stay on the case. I can not even bear to think of anyone calling a child a 'maggot', let alone what else they might do to them. (Off to smother little Babs in kisses now).

Further to your texts about this situation, PT, I have had a sleepless night. I am pleased that you are finding the strength to take this further. You may be about to save a little girl's life, you never know. It is something about which we should all be vigilent. It is all too common an occurrance the world over. We have to protect ALL our children. I know, when I became a parent, I started to feel like a parent to all children. When you hear of stories like this, it makes you wonder if other threads (about all parents being CRB checked etc etc) are not so insane after all. Hang in there PT. Stay on the case. I can not even bear to think of anyone calling a child a 'maggot', let alone what else they might do to them. (Off to smother little Babs in kisses now).

Thanks, Babooshka. I had a bit of a a fretful night last night, thinking about that little girl. Give your little man a huge huggle from his Aunty PT:- God! it's ages since I've seen him!

I am determined to go into the school, on Monday, and discuss my fears with the CP bod, and see what can be done. I'm hopeful that they might recognise the mother and children, and maybe, my relating the incident that I witnessed, to them might back up any case/fears they have already with regard to this tot, and as you say it may just be that significant corner turned in this mite's life, hey?

No child, ever, deserves to be spoken to like it's something you'd scrape off the bottom of your shoe.

Thanks, Babooshka. I had a bit of a a fretful night last night, thinking about that little girl. Give your little man a huge huggle from his Aunty PT:- God! it's ages since I've seen him!

I am determined to go into the school, on Monday, and discuss my fears with the CP bod, and see what can be done. I'm hopeful that they might recognise the mother and children, and maybe, my relating the incident that I witnessed, to them might back up any case/fears they have already with regard to this tot, and as you say it may just be that significant corner turned in this mite's life, hey?

No child, ever, deserves to be spoken to like it's something you'd scrape off the bottom of your shoe.

My bold

Good for you. I'm constantly appalled at the way some parents talk to their children these days, though I've never come across an instance as extreme as this. Poor child, I hope she gets the help she so obviously needs.

*aside* didn't I bring him to the botanical gardens back when Satan in Bootees was just a twinkle in your eye? (I remember minisav being there)

Yeah thats when i was thinking... SIB was tiny... one very pampered pooch!

slightly off topic..

So impressed you're doing something about it PT.. hope you get somewhere with it :)

My bold

Good for you. I'm constantly appalled at the way some parents talk to their children these days, though I've never come across an instance as extreme as this. Poor child, I hope she gets the help she so obviously needs.

I've witnessed, in the past, some of our, erm, shall we say, less... "articulate" citizens, efffing and blinding at their kids, in a

"NAHR den! get Di sen 'ere, dar likkle *expletive*"

sort of way, but, no, I also have never witnessed a tirade of bile directed at a child in quite this manner, in my life, and I think that's part of what has got me so up in arms about that whole scenario. It was all just so extreme, and so utterly unnecessary. It's got me distressed beyond belief.

There's being annoyed with your child, and playing pop with it for misbehaving, and then there's a tide of vitriol and bile, such as this mother let rip at that tot. But, no matter what, that child did not deserve to be spoken to in that way.

PT...I will see you mid-week, next week. Unfortunately, Little Boo won't be with me that week, so I'll be all on my lonesome, but I'll make sure you see him soon. You can tell me all about your progress with this matter.

it saddens and concerns me that this child and others in a similar position will grow up never forgetting things like that. And also that so many people cannot conceive or adopt their own children, yet awful people like this can be so cruel to theirs. What an awful story, i feel bad for the original forumer for having to experience it... x

I've witnessed, in the past, some of our, erm, shall we say, less... "articulate" citizens, efffing and blinding at their kids, in a

"NAHR den! get Di sen 'ere, dar likkle *expletive*"

sort of way, but, no, I also have never witnessed a tirade of bile directed at a child in quite this manner, in my life, and I think that's part of what has got me so up in arms about that whole scenario. It was all just so extreme, and so utterly unnecessary. It's got me distressed beyond belief.

There's being annoyed with your child, and playing pop with it for misbehaving, and then there's a tide of vitriol and bile, such as this mother let rip at that tot. But, no matter what, that child did not deserve to be spoken to in that way.

No abuse directed at anyone is acceptable but on a one to one basis with people able to look after their own interests no outside interference may be needed, but when it's coming from a legal guardian against a child whom they are supposed to be protecting then it's no longer a personal matter and one for society to put right.

Good on you for wanting to make a stand PT, you have a lot of support on here for doing so. There is no harm in bringing it to attention of people who may be able to help, then at least you have done your civic duty, good luck.:thumbsup:

No abuse directed at anyone is acceptable but on a one to one basis with people able to look after their own interests no outside interference may be needed, but when it's coming from a legal guardian against a child whom they are supposed to be protecting then it's no longer a personal matter and one for society to put right.

Good on you for wanting to make a stand PT, you have a lot of support on here for doing so. There is no harm in bringing it to attention of people who may be able to help, then at least you have done your civic duty, good luck.:thumbsup:

Thank you. I'm still feeling gravely concerned about the welfare of this child, and am itching for Monday to come, when I can speak to the Child Welfare Bods about my worries.

You are right, If I make this stand, and not just pass by, and think "It's some other so-and-so's job, it's 'nowt' to do with me", I can at least rest easier knowing I've placed it in the hands of those who have the authority to actually act in this child's interests, and (Hopefully?) trust that they take action, and we don't get to hear about another Tiffany, another baby Peter, another Tyra Hendry, another Jasmine Beckford, another Victoria Climbie...

PS,

Thanks, all for being so positive, in backing me on this one, and not telling me that I've been a busybody, in wanting to see this mite getting protection from those in authority.

When I first started hearing what this mother was saying to the child, and the manner in which she was saying it, I thought "oh, it's just mother having a bad day, and child has played mother up... It's nothing"

but, as the venom continued, from the mother, all the way through the journey, I thought "No, this is drastically, drastically wrong, to be so vile, so unnecessary, so disproportionate, so sustained, and unrelenting!"

contact social services or if you can get with the school also. this is disgusting thing to be happening to a child so young. what a disgrace this mother is, all these people who cannot have children for whatever and would love one, this behaviour appals me no end, the mother doesn't deserve a dog never mind children.

The little girl will grow up thinking its norm to act that way, a few years ago when my own kids were young I remember seeing a young women draging her little boy down the school drive by the scruff of his neck all the while effing and blinding and screaming obsenities at him but staff must have seen it too,we left the area not long after that but kept in touch through family and friends and was told the boy had been taken away and put with a loving foster family, he must have thought all his christmas's had come at once