Aghast at parent on the bus.

You're doing the right thing PT - best of luck in your efforts to bring this to the attention of the authorities.

I've seen three incidents that made me upset in the past year. One was a mother kicking her son up the arse in Mothercare, the other was the drunken women on the bus ignoring the pram rolling around and the other was a family of oafs just giving a little boy constant verbal abuse all the way round a shop. I wasn't able to do anything about any of these and I think that makes you feel worse if you know there's no way of doing anything.

However, sometimes the public don't want you to intervene for some reason - I challenged some lads for deliberately farting in my toddler's face and another passenger decided I was in the wrong for having done so and had a go at me!!! I think maybe she'd wet her knickers and had to rush home to change them, it's the only explanation I have for her bizarre abuse.

So had you challenged this woman openly don't even count on it that you'd have had any support from the other bus passengers - most would rather ignore this kind of thing. You are doing the right thing doing this discreetly.

My daughter can be a royal pain in the bum sometimes, but never ever do i call her names, i sometimes called her a pain in the bum but i dont swear around her either!!! When i see her smile i cant understand how anyone could yell at children and it sickens me and upsets me to hear stuff like this.

I hope that something can be done about it, PT your doing the right thing.

This is just awful. I really hope you manage to get this unfit and undeserving mother identified. You are certainly NOT a busy body, perhaps if there were more 'busy bodies' around then less children would be subject to upbringings like this.

As a parent, i just can't get my head around other parents like the one you witnessed on the bus. My son is the most important thing in the world to me and I love him so much it hurts - i could never be so cruel to him, even in his naughtiest moments with the worse PMT ever. It's just awful, i'm so glad i didn't witness it.

Please let us know how you get on with this. I'd love to hear that your efforts paid off. X

good luck pt.keep us informed of the outcome.

I experienced the same sort of thing in Wilkinsons where this woman was just hurling abuse at her daughter, calling her every swearword there is, smacking her round the head etc. It was really painful to watch and i burst out crying! Seriously it was bad, the child was about 6 and just stood there whilst this animal let rip at her. It wasn't normal and looking back now, i wish i'd have done something.

Go for it PT, we're all behind you on this one. If I'd seen this happen I don't think I could have stayed as calm and would have probably given the mother a good ear-bashing.

Hope all goes well with your investigation into this foul womans actions. Keep us updated, I just pray the lil one is safe.

Well, It's something of a mixed update. I have had a result!

I had a very good, and productive meeting this lunchtime with the headteacher of the school I believe the child to be attending.

The family rang bells with the head, and my evidence has been taken, and is to be passed on to the relevant people who can act in the interests of this child, and protect her.

I can now rest easy (In a sense) that I have now given the information to the people with the power to protect her, and that my fears were not unfounded, and that I was not being a busybody. I seem to have done the best by this child.

Closed at OP's request.