Aghast at parent on the bus.

i wish I'd not opened this thread, i feel so sad after reading it.

I really, really hope you manage to contact the school about this. I'll bet they know exactly who they are. poor little thing, your mummy is supposed to be the safest most caring person in the world.And at that age they must feel so lonley and lost.:sad:

why do people have kids if they don't have a clue how to look after them properly??

grrrrrr - makes me so mad :rant:

poor little kid :(

because they are irresponsible A holes that take no precautions whilst satisfying their sexual desires and get pregnant have the kids and treat them like crap while they hold a simmering resentment toward the poor little blighter because they need looking after. it makes me sick to the stomach.

This is horrific..that poor, poor child :(

I would not hesitiate to investigate the childs whereabouts, whether Joe Public saw me as nosey or not.

I remember having a part-time job at the age of 15, where I witnessed a little boy (about 6ish?) being dragged through the shop I was working in by his mother. His face was covered in blood and he had a gash down the side of his nose. And yet his mother shopped. I looked to my manager, who had noticed this poor little soul also, but he simply said 'None of our business'.

I don't know what happened to him, but I tell you, that image has haunted me forever.

OMG! I'd have told the manager to "Foxtrot Oscar" and that a child, in that state, is EVERYBODY's concern!

Sounds like you had more of an idea at 15 about "acceptable" than that manager did!

What an awful thread/or experience or event. This sort of thing really disturbs me it makes you wonder what mum thinks is acceptable behind closed doors if this is acceptable in public.

Poor kid what future does she have.

I just don't get the mentality of the child's mother, thinking it's acceptable to speak to that child like it's something you'd scrape off the sole of your shoe.

I just cant get the picture out of my head, seeing that child, just sat there, actually being what I'd describe as "good as gold", with her head bowed, not actually doing anything to warrant this tirade.

I'm not one to get my knickers in a twist over nothing, but I'm still shaking, and disturbed at what I witnessed, I am so agitated about this child's welfare.

I see events like these all the time on the bus and it breaks my heart every time. Sometimes I just want to tap the mum on the shoulder and say: "Excuse me. No-one on this bus - you included - wants to put up with your child crying. Have you ever considered that a hug and some interaction will be more effective at stopping it than a tirade of abuse?" but I've never had the confidence to do so. :)

I see events like these all the time on the bus and it breaks my heart every time. Sometimes I just want to tap the mum on the shoulder and say: "Excuse me. No-one on this bus - you included - wants to put up with your child crying. Have you ever considered that a hug and some interaction will be more effective at stopping it than a tirade of abuse?" but I've never had the confidence to do so. :)

Sometimes, if the child's squawking and making a fuss, it can be a pain in the neck, Jessops, but what was really disturbing for me was that the child wasn't doing anything to warrant the screaming and ranting that the woman was doing.

She was sitting still, not saying a single thing, not misbehaving, not leaping about like a chimp in the monkey-house.... nothing. just sitting there, well-behaved.

Hi Plain Talker

I wouldn't consider you a busybody for one second, you certainly need to report this. Poor little thing :( - I am going to be thinking about this all weekend now. Please keep us updated about what happens when you phone on Monday.

Sometimes, if the child's squawking and making a fuss, it can be a pain in the neck, Jessops, but what was really disturbing for me was that the child wasn't doing anything to warrant the screaming and ranting that the woman was doing.

She was sitting still, not saying a single thing, not misbehaving, not leaping about like a chimp in the monkey-house.... nothing. just sitting there, well-behaved.

To be honest, sometimes that's all these sort of parents know. If you think about it, if you're only ever brought up with abuse hurled at you by your parents, you're not going to be too easy on your kids. :)

Other times I think it's just exercising power or just showing how much soap they need to wash their mouth out. :thumbsup:

PT, you are certainly not a busybody. Sadly one comes across this sort of behaviour all too often these days; it breaks your heart.

I work in a school and believe me they will listen to your concerns and act...

That's reassuring to know.

You were right not to intervene, it does only fuel the agressors rage and she would most certainly have taken it out on the child later on.

Wise words.

Sadly it is common place these days to have such poor parenting skills that they do not realise the damage they cause long term...

Lack of parenting skills or just a lack of love for their children?